Scam I just received

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cretahillsgal

Reaction score
I thought it was funny how they forgot to change the "puppy" to "horse" in one place. LOL

Hello,

I am arslan Lewis, a respectable business man from Canada. I am indeed interested in your horse posted for sale. I want to buy the horse as a surprise birthday gift for my 23 year old daughter. I will like to know if the horse is still available for sale and will also like to know your final asking price for the horse. I have a shipping agent who will come over there to pick the puppy as soon as we have agreed on a price and the payment is completely received by you. Well, I want to know if you have the health certificate of the horse. Please let me know your last offering price of the horse, reason you are selling it and a recent photo of it(If available) so we can proceed from there.

The horse will be very well taken care of by my daughter and I.. My daughter knows how to train and take care of a horse, so you need not to worry at all. I promise and assure you that the horse will be going to a good home. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Honestly, I'm just amazed how in 2011 this type of scam still works. Seriously? Who falls for this type of thing?

Julie, that is too funny. The bad thing, is the let-down when you see the email, thinking a real person is interested, then discovering the scam.

My sister fell for something like this recently on another site. She had a trailer for sale and got the usual email about the Western Union payment and the carrier that was coming to pick up the trailer blah blah...

Fortunately, she called me about it and I was able to give her a headsup, since I had seen this very scam mentioned so often on the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
...when you have to say you are a "respectable businessman," it usually implies quite the opposite
default_smile.png
It's funny how native speakers of English (normally) see through badly written scams such as these because we just don't speak that way!

Of course, if not for other clues, the "puppy" was the biggest giveaway!

OMG......What a HOOT! Thanks for sharing this.

That's too funny and yep, someone forgot to copy and paste, LOL These scams are getting so old.... you would think they would quit trying. Does anyone REALLY fall for these?

This kind of thing really makes it difficult for people that honestly are buying. My brother is buying Dashchunds for my niece and nephew. I contacted a guy in TX that seems to have good stock. However, I inform ed him of what I was looking for and when. That way I hope he felt more comfortable. Wasn't it nice when scams were limited to Bars, pool halls, Stocks and the mail? People!
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back