Saturday Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Clementine had 60 days of driving training lady spring (I had some training too) and was doing really well before winter. We took the winter off and i was a little worried about how this spring would go. We've been working non-stop on home projects so we got a late start this spring as well. I did some ground driving but hitched her up yesterday for the first time this season. She was amazing! We picked up right where we left off. Strong "whoa", soft mouth, very willing, same attitude which i love. Now we just need legging up and exposure to crowds so my son can drive her in our local parade over Labor Day weekend.

The pic is of my dad driving her after I had. We were out in the 2 acre pasture in case of any "blow-ups". Didn't want to be in the roads.

20140628_115834.jpg

Yeah! Good for you Two! It's nice when they remember what you taught them months ago! Smart little critters.

I can't wait to try out my Jelly Bean again. We have had about 2 1/2 years off from training/driving.

Not her fault, I keep injuring myself and can't do it! I hope she remembers what I've taught her so far. At least now we have a fenced in pasture to drive in, instead of open road and neighbors yards. It'll be interesting, we have to ground drive a lot first, as we only have a Hyper-Bike to drive with now. Good thing her favorite command is "Stop-Stand-Don't Move" LOL!

Keep it up and have fun!

What a good girl! And so pretty, too.

I was wondering about the cart. In the picture, it looks as though the seat is tilted back. Do you know if this angle is raising the shafts in the tugs, as though trying to lift the horse?

Could just be the cart type, or angle of the camera.

What a good girl! And so pretty, too.

I was wondering about the cart. In the picture, it looks as though the seat is tilted back. Do you know if this angle is raising the shafts in the tugs, as though trying to lift the horse?

Could just be the cart type, or angle of the camera.
A good observation. I took a look at it the next time we hitched her up. The seat has springs under it and with my dad on it they are a bit more compressed and the seat tilts more. However, I did hitch her up with the shafts 1/2 a hole (love the leather punch) lower because looking at the picture it looks like the "floor" of the cart was also tilted a tiny bit. I had my dad drive it again and it did look better
default_smile.png

We are working hard at getting "parade ready"

Latest posts

Back