Saturday at Irish Hills.....oh gosh......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Jerry and I and the boys headed up to Sheryl's Saturday morning.

Jerry and I drove my truck and Michael insisted on following behind in his car with Dan just in case they decided to shop around up there in that town.

Jerry was busy doing some measuring for her dad at their new house construction, that is on top of a really really high hill by the way. The driveway up there is nothing less than super steep and treacherous to the weenie here that is scared to death of heights, especially when it's so steep and narrow and one tire in the wrong place could send you easily to your demise down a cliff.

The first thing the boys spotted was this big piece of equipment that they wanted to crank up and drive around and play with. I'm screaming "NO, don't you dare start that thing up" and of course Sheryl thinks it's funny. Ten feet forward with that thing and they plummet over the cliff.

Next. we leave Jerry there and Sheryl takes us for a drive in her 4 X 4 truck. We were going to get coffee and then go by her barn to see the horses. I'm in the front seat of her truck, the boys in the back seat holding onto her corgi, Copper, and she's off! Going fast down that driveway like a son-of-a gun and I"m SCREAMING to slow down. Boys are laughing their heads off and she is cracking up cause she'd scarrying me on purpose of course. We finally get to the bottom of this hill and there it is: this big pile of rocks sitting in what is going to be her pasture, and she points it out and asks the boys if they think she can JUMP over it with her truck. I'm like "OH NOOOOOO" because she did this before and I about lost my innards. The boys are encouraging her to "GO FOR IT" of course and at that point she says "HOLD ON". I am holding on the dash board for dear life when she aims for it and guns it. We go FLYING! She's gripping the steering wheel and the boys and I and the corgi are airborne and our butts are off the seat and our heads are on the ceiling. . SHE JUMPED THAT TRUCK over this big pile of rocks. bouncing bouncing bouncing. Gotta love seat belts. Then we go up the road to the store and I realize I'm the only one that is all shades of green. I am so happy that Jerry did not feed us along the way. Sheryl missed her calling. I think she should have been employed by NASA.

You'll notice in this picture that she took away part of her pasture in her bumper. What a landing.

SherylUS1.jpg

Then we were off to see the horses of Irish Hills. Jinx is having a great time with his stable mate Lucy. He looks fabulous. Blossom is due to drop her foal any second and I was hoping she'd go into labor while we were there but no such luck. Erica's Star Appeal is such a sweet boy and so friendly but the friendliest of them all is Sheryl's new filly, Classical Buckeye Flirt. If you go in the paddock, she will be all over you and you can't get rid of her for nothing. She is not afraid or shy at all and comes right on up to you and wants to be scratched. She is sooooo gorgeous and destined for the ring. She looks like a thoroughbred. She is so dainty and just lovely. What a difference between having fillies and having colts!

Next we went riding up the road and we were hot. There was a big creek that was so clean and inviting and we just had to pull over and decided to get our feet wet. The Florida boys of course see water and want to just jump right in and swim.

We all took our shoes and socks off and went wading in it but it was freezing and our feet were about to turn blue.

The top pic is me with Flirt

The bottom pic is Sheryl and me standing in the water with frozen feet.

Sherylus2.jpg

And then we caught someone with his pants down with a corgi swimming after him!!!!!!!!! No not necked but it sure does look it!

We had a great day.

Then we all went home and took a nap!

MichaelCopper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you guys had a fabulous day, in every way possible. Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, beautiful horses, good friends and a little kick-start to the heart! WooHooo!!!

I just want to say.....ummmm......We had fun! :xbud: And I don't know anything about jumping rocks. :nono: That grass/mud on my truck was staged for the picture. Yeah, that's it.
default_yes.gif
:

That last picture of one of Marty's boys.......As soon as that boy saw the creek he took of running and striping! Was down to his wife beater t-shirt and underwear in a matter of seconds. It was even funnier when he made it into the creek and it registered that the water was ICE COLD! :new_shocked:

Here are a few pictures of the house. These are a few weeks old. Hopefully we'll be in by summer. Hint to anyone thinking of moving south and planning on having a house built. If the builder says, yep I can build that and have it done by the end of the year, ask which year!

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

:bgrin :aktion033: I loved the stories and the pics!! Thanks for sharing!! LOL! Sheryl...that stream would be an AWESOME setting for some beautiful horse pictures!!!!

Marty & Sheryl

Thanks for sharing your day together. Looks like you both had a great time. Wow,

that country is pretty to. I love seeing the pictures of other states. Okay, but where

were the pictures of the barn, and the horses..

The boys look like they had a great time to, and I love the creek. I bet the water

was good and cold, and so refreshing.

It was really fun to read your posts and get to be part of your fun.

Thanks for sharing.

Vicky

That house is going to be amazing and sooooooo big! My whole house can fit in their garage.

And I don't know anything about jumping rocks. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't listen to her! Listen to ME! She JUMPED ROCKS! 2nd time too! She's a crazy person when she's behind the wheel!!!!!!hehehehe And she terrorized me on purpose too!
default_yes.gif
:

As soon as that boy saw the creek he took of running and striping

default_yes.gif
:

You can take the kid outta Florida but you can't take Florida outta the kid

So ,much for being land-locked

Hey Sheryl, when we got home I said "Michael, was that a THONG on you out there ?????" lol Nah, joking but the other kid didn't have a change of clothes or anything to swim in and wanted us to take him to the store for a swim suit right away.

He wants to know if we're going back today!

Young people wear me out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back