SATIN IS HOME!!! **UPDATE** page 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2ridesaddleseat

Reaction score
I sold a beautiful paint (biggie) mare 3 years ago to what of course seemed like the most perfect home on this earth. I'm always looking in the horse for sale adds on the internet and low and behold, there she is for sale. No picture of course because she must have lost 200lbs. I e-mailed under a false name and got her info and pictures. I'm DEVISTATED. We have to dig our horse trailer and my extra barn out of the snow. I've e-mailed her and told her I want her and will come get her this afternoon. I'm waiting for a reply from her.

I'm a wreck right now. I won't rest until I get her home.........

**UPDATE**. Now they are saying they won't be around until tomorrow afternoon. They will get in touch with me later.... Oh Dear God, I hope this works out. I'm just sick with worry. :arg! :arg!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope all goes well and you have her home with you this afternoon. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Barbie

Good luck getting that girl back home. That's the reason I haven't seriously considered selling my big guy. Just because a place seems like a good home unfortunately doesn't necessarily make it so. I just can't bring myself to take that chance with him. I think it's great that you found her and can get her back.

Good luck on getting your girl back, she will be sooo glad to see you.

Hope everything goes great in rescueing your girl. Let us know when you get her home and settled.

Oh Joyce! That is horrible. Hugs! Hope you get her home where she belongs soon, hang in there.

Rebecca

You are so lucky that you found her and have the chance to save her!

I sold one a few years ago, she was my baby, I had known her since she was born, bought her as a two year old, and had done all of her training since her second ride. She was far from perfect, but she was my baby! Unfortunately she wasn't going to be an eventer, which was the direction life was leading me, so I sold her to a friend who was loking for an endurance type horse. The first week she was there, she ran into the corner of his flat bed and cut herself badly. A few weeks later, she got her foot caught in a catle guard, pulled it out of the ground, and managed to run around with it attatched to her leg. She miraculously escaped that relativly unscathed. After that she refused to leave the barn, she would rear and throw a fit, but can you blame her? It was probably the only place she felt safe! About a year later, my dad told me that they had sold her to a man who wanted to breed her to drafts to get sport horses (she was a little anglo arab). That may have happened, and I pray it did, but I have a feeling that is code for they sold her at the stock yard (they were regular visitors there). What a waste, she was a nice mare, a granddraughter of Bask on he arab side, and great TB bloodlines too. She could have made a nice broodmare if nothing else, the guy didn't know what he had. I

am just so glad that you have found your mare and will not have to live with the guilt of wondering what became of her for the rest of your life. I hope that everything works out for you and that you have her home safe and sound soon!

Good luck today - will be watching for an update!

Barbie

SATIN IS HOME!! She is safe and has plenty of clean water, tons of hay and a nice deep bed of clean shavings! I'm keeping her separated from my other biggie right now so she can settle down and just eat!! Of course I'm starting her slowly on grain. Supposedly, they can't find her registeration papers, ya right! Thats ok, I have a copy that I made before I sold her. As long as she is safe is all that matters.

Jessica, I'm sorry you never found your horse. The only reason I knew of Satin being in trouble is because I'm ALWAYS checking the horse for sale adds all over the internet. It's kind of a long story how I got her back, but the people that I sold her to, don't know that I bougth her back today, from the person they had sell her for them. I just got lucky, or should I say, Satin got lucky!

Thank you everybody that wished us well today! I will post pictures in a couple of days, when it stops snowing.
default_no.gif

Joyce

I'm happy you got her back!!! I bet she was VERY happy to see you and to be HOME
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I am so glad everything worked out for you and you got your horse back- thats one very lucky horse!

Lisa

I am so glad you got her back and she is safely tucked into a nice clean stall with plenty to eat. Will be looking for pictures now and down the road when your TLC kicks in.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back