Santa came early this year...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score
I feel like Santa just left and instead of a wrapped box to open...out of the sleigh jumped a beautiful white horse
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

This is a very, very special horse to me as, its our herd Sire, Dickens daughter! Flight of Fancys Curtain Call who was bred by Kay Kirsch... She is nine years old and has been a broodmare for the past several years...producing 4 very nice babies. But, now she will be broke to harness and added to our show string next year!

The first time I watched her move I just wanted to pee my pants...she has her sire's naturally animated trot, a strong moving shoulder and a tremendous hip for a miniature. So, much suppleness and range of motion...I wanted to pinch myself - Its the same feeling I got the first time I watched Dickens trot across our field...its as if there trotting for shear delight of it...someone told me once at a show after watching Dickens...they said, its like he dances when he trots...its the same with Curtsy.
default_wub.png
:

here is a picture of her the day she arrived & raining...just her head touched up but, nothing more...still in her winter jammies & having her baby weaned from her side:
curt4.jpg

I want to thank the Williams for the opportunity to purchase Curtsy...this is a dream come true for me...Thank you!!! :new_shocked:

I also took some neat photos of Dickens meeting his daughter over his stall door...that I will post later...but, it gave me goosebumps seeing the two noses touch...they seemed so much alike - just the same kinda energy - it made me smile...although she is alot taller at 34" and Papa is a shrimp compared to her topping out at 31 in high heels :lol:

anyway thanks for letting me share...I don't post much anymore about things like this...but, this was just so special to me I wanted to share.

thanks so much,

lis

[SIZE=10pt]CONGRATULATIONS LISA!!!!! :aktion033: [/SIZE]

I will have to find my way to your house someday to see these guys in person!!!

OH congrats! I have always loved her. You might want to check with Mike McCabe, he had broken one of Kay's fillies to drive, and I remember seeing a picture of her driving and oh, the trot! It might be Curtsey. He may remember which one it was.

What a beauty, I want to see her trot or at least pix now after hearing your description.

Thank you all for your kind words - they mean alot
default_wub.png
: ...I still feel like I am dreaming that I own her.

Cindi, we would love to have you anytime. :saludando: ..how is Twister doing?

Jody Girl, I will have to call Mike and get the information on her and her siblings... And, you know we are looking so forward to you coming this fall with your trusty camera and talented eye
default_yes.gif
:

thanks everyone again,

lis

Congratulations!!! She is so girly looking! Just from the picture, I would know that was a mare not a stallion / gelding. That is so nice the you get to call a horse you've admired so your own. It is a fabulous feeling!!!

Lisa....she is definitely a real STUNNER! :new_shocked: I'm a sucker for those high trottin', gorgeous moving horses. Can't wait to see photos of her at "liberty" showing off!
default_yes.gif
:

:488: yeow!!!!!!!!! She is too cool Lisa! What a gorgeous neck on that girl. I cant wait to see her drive...know you will sure have fun working with her. That girl sure doesnt look 9 yrs old...bet she'll be one classy lady to show. I think sometimes the maturity adds to their confidence...especially when they have a robust heart and soul...which...eh...coming from Dickens...I'd bet money she has! Congrats! :aktion033:

He si a beuty beauty beauty!! Very Happy For You!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I can't wait to see the pictures of the two of them together. She is beautiful and it's obvious how excited you are about having her and that's just fantastic. You've got me grinning! :bgrin Make sure you post some pictures of her trotting!

Leia

Latest posts

Back