Sams Town Show Down Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.C. Miniature Horse Farm

Reaction score
Hey everyone! :saludando: I gotta first start out by saying that was the best show I have ever seen(even though it was only my 2nd show ever,lol) all the people I met we're great! Staff was great,and then the facility was AWSOME! I had so much fun,and learnt a WHOLE lot,such as not putting black hoof polish on an appy's feet! Overall I think he done ok,even though there wasn't any competition in his class for Owned Bred,and Shown Over,so he got 2 blues for that,then he got 2nd out of two weanling colts Over,and then lastly Judge 1 placed him at 2nd in Multi-Color class out of 5,and Judge 2 placed him 4th,so overall not bad for his first show,and my second! Oh,and the judges we're also great and helpful! Everyone was! I love my little guy though,and I think with some more work he is gonna look great
default_wub.png
:

Pictures are getting developed~! and a big big,thank you to Ms. Erica Killion! She helped me,by giving me some,and showing me what to feed this little man! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Oh and we are bit by the showbug,even my mom is wanting to start showing! So hopefully we can really get going alot better next year!

Oh even the people at the Tack Vendor we're great,so a big round of :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: to the whole experience!!! Thanks everyone! and if I forgot some body Thank you!

Just home from Sams Town Showdown myself. Got to see you show....you did just fine. Will expect to see and hear more of your showing experiences as time goes by.....Michael

Hi

I would also like to give the Arkansas Miniautre horse Society a big round of :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: For a Great show !!! ANd for finding such a great Arena to have the show in. Everything was just great.. For all you that live close to this arena how lucky you are.. There were several of us that thought this would be a great place for a ARea show or maybe Heck just combine a couple of ARea's and make ONE BIG SHOW !!!
default_yes.gif
: The facility was one of the cleanest places I have been to in a very long time .. It really reminds you of a little Tulsa !!
default_yes.gif
:

intro3.jpg

body_eventcenter.jpg

As already said , The staff was great the judges did a good job and were Friendly.. It was great to see so many new people and some that were not new but had been gone from the show scene for Many years.. It was great to see those folks make the move to come back to the show ring... The Hotels were awesome and the Food was great... :new_shocked:

Hope we get to go back for another show soon.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Congrats! :aktion033:

It sounds like so much fun. Would love to go, but was just too far away from me. How were the obstacle numbers? Just curious lol.

Hi Jamie,

I am not sure how many were in the obstacle classes, maybe someone can email in to let you know, but we did have a pretty good show. I am thinking I saw about 5 horses out in the obstacle classes and that many in the driving obstacle as well.

I do have to say a big "Thanks" to Mr. Johnson and any help he had getting those jumps made. They were definately "FIRST RATE". I mean right up there with national jumps. Very Pretty!!

All of our club members who helped in getting this show put together deserves a pat on the back, they all worked very hard.

I wish more of you could have come out to join us. I really think everyone needs to give some thought into getting an area show at this arena. It was really nice to have an air conditioned arena, and one like belinda said was very clean. Erica didnt even blanket her horses, because there was no dirt in the stalls!!!! and they had mats in each stall. It really did remind you of nationals at Tulsa. It also had a nice consession stand inside. NO Flys all over your food. Nice tables overlooking the arena , so you could watch the show as you ate. And it was also kept nice and clean.

Definately worth the drive !!

We were (most of our club) were the last ones to leave, and the staff there at the arena told me they really hoped to see us come back. So lets all think about that for next year!

Again, Thanks to everyone (our club members, Lea and staff, exhibiters,Tack ("Double T") I believe were their names) ect... who made this show so enjoyable.

Linda Killion

Hey Congrats! :aktion033:

It sounds like so much fun. Would love to go, but was just too far away from me. How were the obstacle numbers? Just curious lol.
I didn't get a chance to watch the obstacle class,so I am unsure,it was great though,diffinately wanna go back,I'd love to show in that place many more times!
default_yes.gif
:

Just home from Sams Town Showdown myself. Got to see you show....you did just fine. Will expect to see and hear more of your showing experiences as time goes by.....Michael
Thanks,we sure hope so!
default_smile.png

Congratulations! It sounds like the show was really nice
default_yes.gif
:
Thanks! It really was,and a great "ice-breaker".

Congrats on the results, does indeed look like a wonderful facility!

Thank you for the report, I always enjoy reading this even if I don't have time to reply and congrats on getting "bitten!"

*LOL*

Liz M.

I am glad the show was a good one. WE wanted to go, but my husband still hasn't gotton over his deep vein thrombosis and lung embolism. We have not shown since May. We are going to Nationals though. I hope things pick up for us next year. I have really missed showing. I have heard that Lea runs a good show. There is nothing better than and organized show and a nice facility. Congrats on a good show. Hope to come next year.

I really hope there will be another show at this facility next year - either an area show - combined area show or just a 2 judge R show......

It is hard to write just how nice it is to have a nice place to show your horses, the barns are just wonderful. Gates are easy to open and swing both ways, all on concrete but then fully matted (and the stalls didn't cost an arm and leg either - just the normal $35 for the weekend) Everything is under one roof, restrooms everywhere all over the barns and both sides of the arenas, showers in them as well, RV spaces, AIR CONDITIONED arena that was also concrete up to the entrance and they went ahead and matted the warm up area so when waiting for your class you don't have to wait in the dirt, you are inside the cool arena on mats, speakers/PA system works all over so no reason to miss classes.

For a first show I thought the numbers were good, many of the mare classes had almost 10 horses in it. And there were SEVERAL youth at this show - I would venture to say almost 20 youth kids showing which I thought is great. And there were Open, Ammy and Youth Supremes

I had a good show, the brief of it -

*Erica's I've Got Angel Eyes - 1,1 in her age class; Sr Champ and Reserve and Overall Reserve, 1,1 in ammy mares and then both Ammy supremes

*Erica's Cloverbud - 1,1 in owned/bred under, 1,2 in two year old mares, both Jr. Reserves and Overall Reserve and then 1,2 in youth mares and went to Youth Reserve Champion Under horse with my 6yr old niece.

*Erica's Just Behold - 1,1 in yearling mare, Jr. Grand and Overall Grand mare

*Erica's RFM Spring Thunder - 1,1 in two year over mare, Jr. Grand and Overall Grand, and 1,1 in youth mare and won both Youth Champions over with my 6yr old neice and she also showed her in color but not sure there think 2,3?

*Knells Bey Sashy - 1,1 in yearling over mare, Jr. Champ and OVerall Grand and 1,1 in ammy mares

*Erica's Ooh Boy! - 1, 1 in yearling gelding, Jr. Champ and Jr. Reserve and Overall Grand andOverall Reserve, 1,2 in ammy gelding and 1,1 in youth gelding with my neice

*JSW Royale Deed - 1, 1 in yearling stallion and both Jr. Champions and 1,1 in ammy stallions

*Erica's Echos of My Destiny - 1,1 in ammy stallions and 2,2 in two year old stallions and I think a Jr. Reserve

and then I took two just to take to qualify if I take to Nationals - Erica's Knock Em' Dead and JSW Zorros American Gladiator

I am so glad to hear it went so well!! I am really soory we had to leave in such a hurry Saturday AM. for those who haven't heard, my Aunt was with me at the show and we recieved a phone call around 9am that her husband had died sometime Friday pm so we had to get packed up and leave in the shock of the news.

I want to say a very special to the AMHS for their concern and help in getting us packed and on the road. Thanks to the new freinds we made for thier concern and support during this time.

And thanks to Birdmom (Jan) for leaving early and driving us home to central AR. Everyone was so thoughtful. I am sure it was a great show becouse the people were so nice. If I have forgotten anyone I am so sorry , but thank you.

Shelley<><

Shelley, I am thankful you and your Aunt made it home alright. Just know that you, your Aunt and the rest of the family are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Sam's Town Show Down was a big success!! Our club is hoping to have something going on next year in Tunica....not sure what...lots of stuff being tossed around. :aktion033: Wonderful facility as already mentioned and the arena runs like a well oiled ship. Please keep an eye on the show schedule for next year on the AMHR website, with whatever happens in Tunica you do want to mark it down and try to be there. We had quite a few club members step in and pull extra weight for this show to be able to come off, every one of them deserve a big pat on the back! Mr. Johnston and his family made the beautiful jumps, Linda Killion put together a center ring that any show would be proud to have, Johnice Hopson was our announcer, her husband David Hopson was our gate keeper, my mother Jerry Long, Sherry Martin, and LaVonne Killion were ribbon handlers, Jay Harrison, Ron Hayes, Bob Chapman, Dennis Martin, Ray and Vickie Tobin were the carriers of all the "stuff" needed to put on a show. Erica made sure we had some of the prettiest ribbons to be handed out for awards, even neck sashes! My daughter Chasta was my errand person when my legs gave out from all the running around. Members helped set up and break down the center ring. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.....

I am very proud of our horses here at MINI h FARM, I could not have asked them to have shown any better for us. We are all tired after a very busy weekend and we are (horses and people :bgrin )resting here for a day or two and then back in training and on to Nationals!

Wanted to say what a great time I had at the show. Do want to say thank-you to my fellow club members for all that they did. To Mr. and Mrs. Johnson and Linda Killon you all did an exceptional job on the jumps and the center stage. NO ONE could expect any better. To the show committee that worked hard and long on putting all of this together and spending hours doing it. Wanted to say thank you to all that gave me tips and ideas on showing and shortcuts to grooming. Ms. Belinda Bagby for our new addition who I might say is doing great and fitting in nicely. The Arena was the best I have seen even though I am fairly new at all of this. Thanks to the Killions, Harrisons, Tobins, Martins who have made me believe that my horses and myself are good enough to compete and to accept me into their group and guide me along the way.

Wanted to let Ms. Lil and family know that you were being thought of and that we are so sorry for your lost.

Hopefully we can do a show again next year in Tunica. Once again to all that was involved, you should be proud of yourself for putting on a great show.

Ron Hayes

Hi Jamie,

I am not sure how many were in the obstacle classes, maybe someone can email in to let you know, but we did have a pretty good show. I am thinking I saw about 5 horses out in the obstacle classes and that many in the driving obstacle as well.

I do have to say a big "Thanks" to Mr. Johnson and any help he had getting those jumps made. They were definately "FIRST RATE". I mean right up there with national jumps. Very Pretty!!

All of our club members who helped in getting this show put together deserves a pat on the back, they all worked very hard.

I wish more of you could have come out to join us. I really think everyone needs to give some thought into getting an area show at this arena. It was really nice to have an air conditioned arena, and one like belinda said was very clean. Erica didnt even blanket her horses, because there was no dirt in the stalls!!!! and they had mats in each stall. It really did remind you of nationals at Tulsa. It also had a nice consession stand inside. NO Flys all over your food. Nice tables overlooking the arena , so you could watch the show as you ate. And it was also kept nice and clean.

Definately worth the drive !!

We were (most of our club) were the last ones to leave, and the staff there at the arena told me they really hoped to see us come back. So lets all think about that for next year!

Again, Thanks to everyone (our club members, Lea and staff, exhibiters,Tack ("Double T") I believe were their names) ect... who made this show so enjoyable.

Linda Killion

HI Linda,

We would like to thank all for letting us come to the SAMS TOWN SHOWDOWN, we had a great time and meet the most friendly people you could ask for and even got to watch part of the show in AC which was very nice. Thanks to all and look forward to coming back again and again.

T.D. SMITH

DOUBLE TT MINIS AND TACK

www.ttminihorse.com

Shelley, I am thankful you and your Aunt made it home alright. Just know that you, your Aunt and the rest of the family are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Sam's Town Show Down was a big success!! Our club is hoping to have something going on next year in Tunica....not sure what...lots of stuff being tossed around. :aktion033: Wonderful facility as already mentioned and the arena runs like a well oiled ship. Please keep an eye on the show schedule for next year on the AMHR website, with whatever happens in Tunica you do want to mark it down and try to be there. We had quite a few club members step in and pull extra weight for this show to be able to come off, every one of them deserve a big pat on the back! Mr. Johnston and his family made the beautiful jumps, Linda Killion put together a center ring that any show would be proud to have, Johnice Hopson was our announcer, her husband David Hopson was our gate keeper, my mother Jerry Long, Sherry Martin, and LaVonne Killion were ribbon handlers, Jay Harrison, Ron Hayes, Bob Chapman, Dennis Martin, Ray and Vickie Tobin were the carriers of all the "stuff" needed to put on a show. Erica made sure we had some of the prettiest ribbons to be handed out for awards, even neck sashes! My daughter Chasta was my errand person when my legs gave out from all the running around. Members helped set up and break down the center ring. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.....

I am very proud of our horses here at MINI h FARM, I could not have asked them to have shown any better for us. We are all tired after a very busy weekend and we are (horses and people :bgrin )resting here for a day or two and then back in training and on to Nationals!

Hi Terri,

You all deserve a great pat on the back. The show from our view point went wonderful. We go to a lot of shows and I didn't see a missed step anywhere. Congratulations to all for a job well done. Thank you for letting us be your tack dealer for the show and hope you will allow us to come back again.

thank you

t.d. smith

double tt minis and tack

www.ttminihorse.com

default_yes.gif
: Double TT you would be welcomed back anytime! Double TT was great, they gave prizes through out the whole show to the winners of quite a few classes. They had lots to look at and buy, and very friendly too. I should know, I spent my time running past them frequently from my stall to the show arena, and they always had a smile.

Latest posts

Back