SAFE PET FOOD LIST

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS FOR THE LIST
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you. What I feed is on the safe list WOO HOO!

Thank you very much for posting this list! It's such a scary thing for all of us to go through but it was nice to see my pet foods are not on the list.

Leya

Thanks for the list, although it's not complete it does show alot of the safe foods. Everyday a new one comes out...makes me nervous beyond belief. I keep checking the internet daily to see what's happening. My dog is on a prescription food from Science Diet, dry. And Science Diet cat food prescription was recalled (not the same prescription formula though) because it had wheat glutten in it that was processed at the same plant where the tainted foods came from. It was the only sciende diet product recalled. My dog food doesn't contain wheat glutten, but still I'm nervous. Because of my dogs needs I can't just change his food. I am pondering the thought of going to cooked hamburger and rice for a while until this clears up.

Foster and smith is also a safe food... they do not put any junk or fillers in their products.

Here is their statement on their web site......

A recent voluntary recall of wet (cans and pouches) pet food products, which are reported to have caused illness in some pets, does not include any Drs. Foster & Smith brand products.

If you have concerns about food you have purchased from other sources, a list of foods that have been recalled can be found at http://www.menufoods.com/recall. Clicking on a brand name there will provide you with the product code and plant code for those products subject to recall.

Again, we want to assure our customers that none of Drs. Foster and Smith's private label canned foods are affected by this pet food recall. For more information, please visit PetEducation.com's news alert here.

I use both Purina and Nutro natural Choice. Havent had a problem yet.

Thank God, nothing that I feed is on the "bad" list. My inside dogs get Nature's Recipe for allergies, with NO wheat. The outside dogs get a local brand called Hunter's Special (not on either list, but they don't have a web site), and my cat eats Natural Life canned. The Natural Life isn't on either list, but their web site lists them as safe. I have found this cat food at a local Wal Mart. The lady at the check out yesterday said she'd never actually seen anyone buy that brand, but it's good stuff.

I took a look at my dog food and it uses corn gluten instead of wheat gluten. The brand I use is called PMI Nutirition Exclusive. I LOVE this dog food!! My dogs look so wonderful! The puppies came out all plump and shiney too. They have the most beautiful hair coats and bright shining eyes. I have used this dog food for the last 3 years. Half of my dogs started out on raw food diet, and I felt they just weren't healthy. They weren't playful, had dull eyes and their hair coats!! Yuck. Sticky and dry. But once I switched to this dog food, they all gained weight, and got their beautiful shiney hair coats. I'm just sharing as this might be something you guys want to try. Good luck to all during this trying time!!

Back