Safe Choice Maintenance? Asking for a friend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
My friend asked me what I thought about Safe Choice Maintenance. She acquired three free bags somehow. I never fed it so I have no idea what to tell her so I said I would come here and ask you guys. She has a 6 year old gelding that tends to be chunky. He's her little pet and she does nothing with him except kiss him. So he's basically idle. That's all I know.

So the question is: Have you fed or feed Safe Choice Maintenance and if so, do you like it? Thanks for your input.

I am not familiar with that one but I have fed Safe Choice Original for years and love it. I give it to broodmares, show horses, foals, youngsters, almost everyone. I am also feeding Safe Choice Special Care to our insulin resistant mare and it is the only feed I ever found that really works for her. If the "Maintenance" feed matches the horse's needs, I would definitely give it a try.

I have used Safe Choice Special Care over the winter and thought it was good. They didn't get too fat. Of course feed according to package and adjust accordingly.

I'm just starting mine on the special care, my vet recently started carrying it, and I've not been happy with the other limited choice feeds available in town, so this will hopefully be a good solution.

I use the Safe Choice Senior and the Safe Choice Maintenance. I have had good results with both!

Back