Sadie and Crystal Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalsowner

Reaction score
Turns out the fungal infection on Sadie is ringworm. The lady that had her for a short time told me when I called to tell her, that her daughter had also been treated for ringworm.

Crystal update. No foal yet, but.... here's some updated pics. For those that havent heard about CrystaI bought her on June 29th but she was exposed to a stud from March 29th to that time. Think shes pregnant?

Dont feel any udder growth yet, but I do think Ive felt movement, but yet maybe that is wishful hoping lol

1192fs6.jpg

2ajcs8z.jpg

This was her a month and four days ago

2mdrju9.jpg

23sztp3.jpg

Hey Crystalsowner,

Not sure if I saw your other thread but if she was mine I would be getting the vet out to see if she is definitely pregnant or not.

Welcome to the "Nutty Nursery" as the aunties call it on here. They really are wonderful and will be able to point you in the right direction if needed, and will answer all your questions and queries.

Good luck hope she is in foal for you
default_yes.gif

Also, you say you haven't felt udder development. Put your camera square underneath her udder, that would give you a good picture of its progress.

Looks like a baby bump to me as well. Just keep an eye out for her udder to show the start of some development as this will give you an idea when to expect a foal. If you really dont want to just wait and watch, then a blood test will give you the answer.

We would love to have you join us and post on the Mare and Foal forum here so we can watch her progress with you.
default_yes.gif

Good news!!

I talked to our vet about the blood test and he said after all was said and done because of where we are and lab fees and stuff a blood test would cost us like $300.

Anyways he told us a good way to feel for the foal. Well I made hubby hold her for me and I did it. And the foal kicked at me!! Or something was, well it really seemed to be kicking at me but I am sure something was moving in there!!!

Looks like a baby bump to me as well. Just keep an eye out for her udder to show the start of some development as this will give you an idea when to expect a foal. If you really dont want to just wait and watch, then a blood test will give you the answer.

We would love to have you join us and post on the Mare and Foal forum here so we can watch her progress with you.
default_yes.gif
Where is the mare and foal forum?

Also, you say you haven't felt udder development. Put your camera square underneath her udder, that would give you a good picture of its progress.
All I see is furr. LOL. She has a lot of winter hair still.

Up at very top of this page hit the "FORUMS" tab. then hit "Mare Starers" tab and you will be on the "Mare &Foal forum" that Anna C was talking about. Congrats BTW!!

Latest posts

Back