Sad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
So sad to report that Countess's baby did not make it - head was turned back and even at the clinic we were not able to pull it around to deliver normally - so a c-section was performed and the foal did not make it. She was pretty red pinto Baylee baby that I was on pins and needles waiting for. Countess is a daughter of Summer Rose our GRAND Champion driving mare that suffered a dislocated hip and now may never carry another foal - it was my sincere hope that her daughters would be able to carry on her lineage, but maybe not - at least not Countess. Time will tell - right now my prayers are with Countess since her blood levels were all over the charts last night and this morning - she is in good hands with the vets at Pilchuck, but as we all know, things can go bad in short order.

Stacy

Oh Stacy, I'm so sorry to hear you lost this little filly. :no: I remember Rose when she was driving - an incredible mare. Hopefully, Countess will be OK. <Hug>

So sorry :no: about the loss of your foal. I too have lost newborns. This is something we never quite get over.

Thank God your mare will be ok. I'm sorry. cjmm

Oh....We are so sorry to hear about your loss. We will be praying for you and your mare. I hope all turns out ok with her.

So sorry Stacy

Stacy,

I'm sorry this happened. I'll keep you and your mare in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry for your loss and your mare being ill also. Here is hopes that she will have a fast recovery...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your foal, will keep your mare in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

I am very sorry to hear this sad news, it is so difficult losing a baby and than having the mare ill.... :no: my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for your mare and hugs to you.

Oh, Stacy i am so sorry to hear about the loss of the filly. I will keep you and Countess in my prayers. Aubrey

Awww, Stacy, I'm so sorry....

I do hope she makes it just fine and is able to have more for you. I know this is very possible....please know my thoughts are with you.

(((hugs)))

Liz

Latest posts

Back