Sad Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice

Reaction score
Received a call from Bud Soat last night, his wife Shirley passed away yesterday. She has been fighting cancer for along time.

They have been in mini horses for many years. I am sure a lot of you have Soat minis. Rest in peace Shirley.

Sorry did not someone had already posted this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alice - yes Jean already posted. Are you going to contact AMHA so they can put it in the World mag.

I didnt see the other post either..... so thanks for posting again. How sad...another reknowned long time breeder is gone. Yes, had a mare here that had Soats breeding behind her dam's side, and have seen a lot of them out there.

While I started with Soat's breeding, I was down to one Soat mare last year, Soat's Lil Society Flame. I lost her to a freak accident last summer (long story!) and was out of Soat horses. Then this spring I did some hoss trading, and ended up with a big, beautiful Silver Bay gelding by a World Champion stallion. That's all I knew until I got his papers. He is the GRANDSON of my little Flame!! So I still have some Soat blood,and proud of it!

Back