Rubber Buckets?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, this year, I've kept lots of empty bottles of all sizes. I toss them into our round pen. Makes excellent training obstacle. Nervous ponies get used to the sound and the feel of "things" (!) touching them as they work. After a lot of wind, I do have to go around and collect them to put them back in their "home"...

I don't know, if those are rated for hot either, but my husband and I were just talking about finding something like this, may be a bit smaller, for me, and a bigger one for him. I know we will figure something out.

Yep, gas cans were one thing he and I discussed, also, usually, in the camping section, there is plastic containers, with lids, for drinking water, that isn't too expensive at places like Walmart. Will work on some of this, Saturday. Thank you, everyone for your suggestions. They were great and I know we will be using some of them. We will figure out what works for this place. Thank you again! You guys are great!

I too use bucket cozies and they work wonderfully. Smartpak sells them. Theyre like a ski jacket for your bucket. Rubber buckets are great in winter as you can smash them with a hammer to break the ice and not shatter the bucket. Once I bought the cozies I never wentbback to the heated buckets.

But, if the cozy gets wet from rain, doesn't it freeze too? We get wind and rain, at the same time a lot, here, so even if we had it under her shelter, it would get wet, I would think. I am hoping we won't have too many storms like that, as that means my mini will get much wetter, even when under her shelter.

I scotch guarded mine and have not had any freeze on me even in the rain. Farm tek sells insulated bucket brackets that bolt to the wall and you slip a 5gal pail into them like a home depot bucket. They work well.

Latest posts

Back