Round Bales

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHF Fancy

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase some round bales. I've never fed them before but having them would make everything a bit easier especially when I go on vacation. Does anyone here feed them. Do you use a feeder? I know there are risks with round bales so I'm weighing the options.

I use round bales all the time because it is cheaper for me to do that. I do not use a ring. I just put it in for the minis. Of course we keep an eye on it. But they love it. Also instead of putting on in we have left it on the outside and covered it up and peeled layers off and fed it to them. It works either way. And they clean it all up also or at least ours do. Our minis are on a dry lot so it works out great for us with our minis and our big horses.

We use them in the winter as they are on them 24/7 and set one in the barn out of the weather it works great.

Round bales have made my life so much easier, i have mine in the run in, with a roundpen panel across the middle...i open the panel up and let the mares to bale for a few hours in the morning and evening...then close it off late at night through the new and then then for a few hours in the mid day.

My only regret is not starting on the round bales sooner ! Saved me a ton of money (and hay!), next year im planning on buying as many as i can in the spring.

Latest posts

Back