ROSE FOALED!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
Born March 21st. (on the day I had down as her foal date LOL)

I watched Rose as she walked around and got ready to foal. I knew the baby was coming that night! I got my kit and went out there. I told her momma was there to help her and she went down next to me. Karrel came out to watch in case I needed help.

A few 1/4 rolls and just as I said "her water will break now", her water broke.

Then the bubble came. Then one foot and the nose. I reached in past the foal's neck and gently pulled the other foot forward and whoosh Rose pushed the foal out, we were done! From water breaking to foal born, it took only 2 minutes.

It's a colt. But the surprise is his color. Bay pinto!

He's nice and demands you pet him. He loves people! I was sitting on the ground trying to pet Rose and he shoved his way right in there. He's a doll!

Any ideas for a name? His mom is Arapaho Rose. His full sister is Cherokee Rose.

I don't want the name Rose on the colt but something Indian would be nice!

Here he is!

back.jpg

side.jpg

Oh, he's DARLING!! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

What a gorgeous little man, both color and conformation.

You could name him for some other part of the rose, like the buds or thorns. He could be Farm Name Thorn Warrior. Or something about counting coup. What's the dad's name and what color were you expecting him to be?

Leia

Thanks! I don't want Rose or a flower in the name at all. If it had been a filly I would have used the name Cherokee Rain. But is that too frilly for a boy?

He was an accident! We had leased a stallion to use last year and a week before we could go get him, the mares pushed Sonny's gate open and...... Rose couldn't wait.

Dad is a chestnut pinto. Out of chestnut pinto by chestnut.

Rose is black pinto by black pinto out of black.

I was not expecting bay!

But I know somehow dad carries agouti. He does not, nor do any of his chestnut foals appear to carry silver bay. The full sister to this colt is a sorrel pinto.

I'm really enjoying this colt!
default_wub.png
:

I like this colt a lot...and...the white marking looks like a White Buffalo- big, strong magic!!

Spirit of the Buffalo??

Buffalo Spirit??

default_smile.png

Congratulations, he is gorgeous, I love his rich color!
default_wub.png
:

Conny

Beautiful baby.....

Chief Wanna Spot Ya , Lil Indian Boy, Navajo Fever , Cherokee Pride, Shoshone Surprize , Chief Wanna Be Famous , On The Wings Of A Native , Got The Native Spirit.....

Oh Robin hes wonderful I agree you should let Rose decide from now on. How about Geronimo's Thunder or Geronimo's Lightening You said Indian and for whatever reason Geronimo came to mind.Congratulations on such a wonderful boy.

He's adorable Robin
default_wub.png
:

How about Arapaho Sonrise (the SON for Sonny's name)...I'm not so great at naming other people's horses LOL :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS, Robin!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I am glad to hear that the foaling went without a hitch. Like many of us, I know you had some disappointing moments in the past. He's a real cutie.
default_wub.png
: I am not much on coming up with names. I have three foals that I am still trying to name. LOL

Robin,

Oh my, I love him!
default_smile.png
)

Congrats on such a nice baby.

I just love babies that love people
default_smile.png
)

His color is perfect too.

Don't spoil him rotten..... hehe

Sandy

I like Cherokee Rain.

default_wub.png
:

I think hes adorable. Such a neat white marking on his back.

The name "Thorne" came to mind. (I used to watch Bold and Beautiful)

And yet another beauty Robin, congrats again...ya know how I love your horses!!
default_smile.png

Candy and Sady send smooches to mom!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back