Rocklone Coupling 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocklone Miniature Horses

past member -I gotta get a life...
Reaction score
Well, we all know how i like to start threads early. Hows this for early?!

Goldie is off to the vets on Tuesday to attempt to get a swab and breed check so we can see if breeding this year is going to be viable at all. If so, she will be bred to Banner. Fingers crossed! Id like a bit more weight off her though.

12719580_10207618358954500_1093646728572774683_o.jpg

Sounds like the new breeding season is starting already!! Great! She is such a pretty girl, and hoping all turns out well, so she can be our FIRST mare for 2017 !!

Ummm, no I may have the first mare bred for 2017. Bred our smoky black sabino mare (foaled 2015, open 2016) to our cremello stallion. We were going to wait, but she wouldn't leave any of the boys alone (3 seniors, 1 yearling, and 1 APHA). She just went out. Was covered Wed, Thurs, and Fri.

Haha i will have to wait for the results first, then possibly a wash out so another season after that. I'm away in May, so it could be late may before i breed her cause i would not want to leave her with the stallion when im away in case they start to fight (but they seem to be really good friends)

Oh, I love to see what's coming up for our next season! And you know I love those dilutes, so happy to hear we'll be getting a cream gene next year or even a double dilute!

Sounds like a perfect little hussy!! You go girl!

Last edited:
I was not really thinking about covering her again but Banner has covered a mare the same type and colour as goldie before and produced really refined and double dilute foal so heck, why not. Shes still young! lol

Shes Cream dun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing this combination.

Just let us know what the vet says about Goldie's fitness for breeding. And then when you breed her.

Well the results are there's a small amount of bacteria or whatever so vet advises washing out. So she's going to be covered today and off to the vets first thing tomorrow!

Sounds good. Hoping all goes smoothly, and we have a new little one planned for next year to watch!

He is a nice stallion ,I'd use him while you have the chance .I covered my first mare a couple of weeks ago , I like to start early so Absolut covered ASFSnowbelle and Falabella mare Looking Glass Valentines \esign

Goldies home! If she's still on tomorrow I've been told to cover her and try to get it so that they are together 24/7 as that's the best chance of her getting pregnant. If not I have to wait until next time.

I always found pasture breeding had the greatest success, although I did some hand breeding also. Praying for a successful coupling!!

Nothing to report i just thought this was a sweet photo. Goldies on day 10 but shes always a 14day heat anyway. Just seems to be her.

12973398_555726577945413_7956588919288589742_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a FABULOUS photo!! Just makes me smile!

Now hoping the job gets done, so we can watch her over on the Foaling forum!!

Back