Roan foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
Does anyone have any foal pics of their horse that became either blue or bay roan as an adult please?

I have a new colt born last night from a blue roan mare and by a black minimal pinto and I have no idea what colour he is
default_smile.png

Thanks Renee

6 June foaled.JPG

foal.JPG

Lizzy.JPG

This is Lizzie the day she foaled. Hard to tell, but mama is a buckskin roan. Sire is a solid chestnut who may carry sabino. Liz was solid black, but had lighter fur inside her ears. Even down at the skin she was black. For the longest time we couldn't tell her apart from her black half sister. Then once we clipped her for the summer it was apparent she was roan!

lizright.jpg

Lizzie today as a yearling. Definitely roan and not sabino!

Fury-August-2010-300x242.jpg

Ace: THIS guy is black sabino, NOT a blue roan!

Colt from a chestnut dam and black roan sire. He appears black. After a few days when parting the hairs, could see mixed white and black. He showed black roan at first clip.

His full sister was the same.

Portfolio file 2SPEEDYFOAL.JPG

Thanks very much, they are great pics
default_smile.png
They look nothing like my little guy so any ideas on what colour he is?

2009foals 036.JPGand this is a bay roan

Last edited by a moderator:
I breed roans... heres some examples.

bay roans and buckskin roans.

befores & afters

last pic of my stallion.

RobbyRotten_born_5-25-06.jpg

ROBBY.jpg

baby Prancer.jpg

post-18407-0-24988100-1324661523_thumb.jpg

post-18407-0-72150700-1322546398_thumb.jpg

100_2134.jpg

100_3961.jpg

5U05P35R53n83m63lbbc74ad0584b81c91e6b.jpg

post-18407-0-40413600-1324661490_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great pics
default_smile.png
so they all have stayed the same colour, it is just the roaning that comes later so I would doubt my guy is going to be a blue roan. Diane we can have a bet on it
default_smile.png
The more I look at him the more I think he is weird (I am not liking this foal)
default_sad.png
It is such a shame as he is my last foal as I am no longer going to breed, it would have been nice to finish off with something cute. Oh well never mind, at least he is healthy.

default_smile.png
(where has the drewling face gone) so they all have stayed the same colour, it is just the roaning that comes later so I would doubt my guy is going to be a blue roan. Diane we can have a bet on it
default_smile.png
default_sad.png
It is such a shame as he is my last foal as I am no longer going to breed, it would have been nice to finish off with something cute. Oh well never mind, at least he is healthy.

oh Renee,
default_sad.png
I wish you had got something real cute for your last foal! I'm sad to hear you won't be breeding again... but I know that you love your mini's so much and will do only the best for them, I'm sure your new little man will grow on you, I think he is blue roan too
default_smile.png
well I hope he is
default_smile.png
:)

big hugs my friend! you know I'm thinking of you!!

default_smile.png
so they all have stayed the same colour, it is just the roaning that comes later so I would doubt my guy is going to be a blue roan. Diane we can have a bet on it
default_smile.png
default_sad.png
why dont you like him , whats not to like ? he doesnt appear to have any major faults !! black horses look beautiful and shine like a new pin , dont judge him yet , you might be pleasantly surprised !!!

Why do you not like this baby Renee? Is it just his colour, or something else? He looks as though he's probably a black/blue roan. I think he's lovely and would take him in a heartbeat. I didn't used to like roans, but in the last year or so, they have really grown on me. Do keep us posted on the little fellow and his colour.

Lizzie

He is growing on me cos he is really sweet. I was expecting something smaller, with a better head and darker also I was convinced he was a filly ROFL I guess it was just all a bit of a shock lol I tested the mares milk at night and it was 6.8 so I was sure I was safe to get a few hours sleep DOHHHH this mare is sooooo sneaky. I have never seen her foal yet and this is the first time she has foaled in a stable cos usually she will wait for me to go for lunch or dinner.
default_smile.png

Anyway he is healthy and happy and that is all that counts.

Thanks for all your help and support, you are all the best
default_smile.png

My personal opinion is that he is black under that foal coat. My blacks are normally born very silver looking like him and then they are black under all that fuzz. Although he could also shed out to be a blue roan... my favorite color
default_wub.png

What threw me was that her last 2 foals were black as adults but they were dark at birth too.

Here are her filly and then her last colt

horses 172.jpg

foto sandro 008.jpg

Latest posts

Back