RIP Sonata

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Hi All

I am sorry to report that our little mare Sonata who had been battling kidney failure passed away last night peacefully. She had been losing weight the past couple of months, but still was acting fiesty and had a glossy coat and bright look in her eye. She was teasing Prince yesterday afternoon, so I suspect that her little body just had a massive heart attack because it looks at tho she passed peacefully.

I will miss her greatly since she was the only daughter of Summer Rose that I have, and she was quite a character as well as a little fighter. You may remember last fall about this time when I posted her story - at that time the vets gave us a very poor diagnosis and suggested putting her down - I opted to bring her home and see how she did -- she had a wonderful spring & summer and I am so happy that she was able to live out her final days with all her buddies. She leaves behind as her legacy a yearling filly x Baylee - so she will not be totally "lost" to me.

Rest In Peace dear Sonata . . .
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Rest in peace beautiful Sonata. God just couldn't let you be away from him any longer, you are dearly loved in heaven & on earth! May you find your wings and fly.

So sorry Stacy. She was a beautiful mare inside and out. What a wonderful thing you did for her to give her a wonderful spring and summer to enjoy and be loved just that much longer. Hugs to you!
wub.gif

Stacy I'm so sorry to hear about "Sonata" passing on....

I was actually thinking about her last week or so and wondering how she was doing.

You have my deepest condolences....

So sorry Stacy! RIP Sonata!!!!!

Barbie

I feel for your loss, Stac....... Losing a long time horsey friend smacks one in the heart, I understand.

My heart just dropped when I saw the post title. *cry* I remember when she and Beauty were little foals. Such pretty, sweet, cute little girls. I am just sick on your behalf. It is a GREAT loss, she was so very young still, and from your most prized lines. More than that, she was an amazing little horse with heart and sweetness. A pretty little silver sass-pot. I am so sorry for the loss, Stac. I know how much she meant to you.

Yes I remember your post about her. I'm glad you got to have more time with her and that she crossed over at home, peacefully, and with love.

Stacy, I'm so sorry you lost your beloved girl. {{{Hugs}}}

Oh Stacy, so sorry to hear of her passing. Knowing she was on 'borrowed time' just does not make it any easier to prepare for it. I am just so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Oh Stacy, I am so sorry. If I recollect, it was almost a year ago this started and it looked as though you would lose her then. What a gift to get almost another year with her. Godspeed Sonota

Mary

P.S. Sissy and Savannah (and Petey) say Hi and don't be too sad....

Some horses just work their way deep into our hearts. I am so sorry for your beloved Sonata.

So Sorry for your loss. Glad she gave you another year of smiles, and happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry Stacy, but you were able to give her one more wonderful year. You have to feel good about that.

Thoughts are with you.

Latest posts

Back