Riley Update! 10-8-07

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Ok, sorry everyone it's been soooo long! Riley is doing fantastic! My vet stopped out last Friday and did a health check and coggins on him, she said he's healthy on the inside so now he just needs more TLC for his outside =) That he's alert, he's perky, and still just a joy to have around! He is so easy to work with, you can walk right up to him from any angle and he wont move. If you don't walk up to him, he's at your side within seconds to check you out! He's still not even 50% as energetic as he should be but, we're working on it!

I was ecstatic to tell my vet that last Thursday was the first day he actually trotted behind me following me to his grain dish! Then today the farrier came out and the stinker actually put up quite a fight, almost knocking us both over (me and the farrier!) but I told him I am so happy to see some life back in him :bgrin

So here's his weekly updates again from when he first arrived, to now at 3 weeks:

first day here:

DSCN8022.jpg

1 week:

DSCN8039.jpg

3 weeks (sorry I skipped last week!):

DSCN8069.jpg

DSCN8065.jpg

(before it got cloudy I caught some sunny pics!)

He even felt good enough for a roll! (right after his bath of course!)

DSCN8045.jpg

checking out the "weird purple thing" lol...

DSCN8062.jpg

a cute face shot:

DSCN8058.jpg

And here he is falling asleep already lol

DSCN8054.jpg

Thanks for letting me share again! I am so happy to see his back is filling in and his butt is quickly catching up! Still a long way to go but...he's so far from where he started too. It pained me just now to look over his pictures of his first day here....but every day he continues to show me what a sweetheart he is, and I just adore him!
default_wub.png
:

wow he's looking so much better! I've been following his story, love seeing his progress.

:aktion033: YAY Riley!! Glad to see he's doing well.

Looks like he's coming along nicely! This happened at the same time as the KS minis, and even with the "daily care and feeding" they have been receiving, they are sure not showing any signs of improvement! PROOF that is is all a bunch of CRAP!

You should be very happy -- he looks great -- you are doing a great job.

Amazing difference in only three weeks. It looks like he's smiling in the last picture and he has every reason to be...
default_wub.png
:

Way to go! :aktion033: Bless you for taking him into your home and heart. He sounds and looks like a sweetheart.

Isn't it amazing how much progress they can make in a relatively short amount of time? Gee, food works wonders, doesn't it.

Thank you everyone for your support and good thoughts and words for Riley! I am just as shocked as others to see that I brought Riley home around the same time the Kansas mini's were found, and he was just as deathly skinny as they are....and when I read the post the other day that it has been a few weeks and some of those pictures were taken just last weekend, compared to how Riley looks now with just food and good care, it makes me sick to think that entire town...the owner...the sheriffs even stooped so low as to shrug it off. This is a horrible case of animal abuse and everyone is just shrugging it off! Sickening...

But...that said...I am so happy to see Riley making such great progress
default_wub.png
:

It's still so hard for me to imagine he is two and a half years old..he's so gangly he looks like a weanling or yearling! I am used to seeing 2yr olds as buff and meaty...so I know he still has a way to go but i'm glad to see how good he looks already =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back