Rhett Butler Father's updated health

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnoliamini

Reaction score
:aktion033: I was with Sherry today and she wanted me to update you on Greg (Rhett Bulter's father) condition. I know there has been some talk on the board about him and Sherry did give an update before. For those who don't know Greg, he suffered a major heart attach on Sunday while at the show in Urbana. He was Lifeflighter to Riverside in Columbus. At this time Greg remains in CICU and is still on the breathing machine. They were able to complete neuro testing which showed no brain damage. His vitals are good and he is responding some to Sherry voice and also some questions. He has to be kept on sedation so he won't pull the breathing tube. The plan is to wean him off the vent in a day or so. Due to medications that were required to help the heart he now has some problems with the kidneys and hopefully they will resume working on their on, but for now he requires 24 hour dialysis. I am attempting to see if we can get a fund raiser set up to help them out will all the medical bills. Please continue to pray for them. Marcy

Thank you for the update and thanks to all those who have stepped in to help them! This is the best group. I will continue my prayers.

Thank you for the update and thanks to all those who have stepped in to help them! This is the best group. I will continue my prayers.
You are welcome. We will try to give informationwhen we can. Greg still has a long way to go, but with all the prayers I beleive he can do it.

Just received a email about Gregg. Please let me know if a fundraiser is set up. Thanks Frannie

Just received a email about Gregg. Please let me know if a fundraiser is set up. Thanks Frannie
Hi Fran, I know one is in the works through the Sherriff's office that Greg worked for. I am working on getting more information and seeing if we can combine some things. I'll post the information as soon as I get it all set.

Thank you for the update! Thinking and praying for all three of them. Do you know if they need help with the animals or anything else? We aren't that far away from them.

Fran

arlene foulk said she would donate a halter clinic day with all proceeds going to the butler family. we are working on setting it up now. Ill keep ya posted! Im so happy hes improving

also wanted to let everyone know that we will be doing a 50/50 raffle at the world show for the butler family. come by and buy tickets!!!

Kay

Last edited:
OMG!!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!! :new_shocked: They bought their bay stallion Superstar from me - the Seahorse stallion who went Reserve Stallion at Nationals where I was able to meet the whole family.

Thank you for the update- please keep us posted as I am sure that Sherry has her hands too full to write anyone at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the update! Thinking and praying for all three of them. Do you know if they need help with the animals or anything else? We aren't that far away from them.

Fran
I have spoke with Sherry about the horses and at this time the neighbor is taking care of them. She said she may take me and a couple up on continued care for the horses when he gets out for a while. She has so much on her mind at present and when we spoke about it she said it might be a big help. At current time I have 4 different farms willing to take them on for a while until they get back on their feet. I believe if I am right including the new foal they have 8. (one stallion-National Champ). If the time comes that they need the help I will get the work out to those who offered, but the finial word is hers. Thanks for the offer

arlene foulk said she would donate a halter clinic day with all proceeds going to the butler family. we are working on setting it up now. Ill keep ya posted! Im so happy hes improving

also wanted to let everyone know that we will be doing a 50/50 raffle at the world show for the butler family. come by and buy tickets!!!

Kay
That is very nice of Arlene and of you for being able to do this for them. I am working on a concert since my son has his own band and DJ business. Maybe if we can get this put together we can get some of the younger kids involved also.

:aktion033:

7:30PM just off the phone from Sherry. Greg was able to be off the vent today for an hour and half and tolerated it without problems before getting tired and needing to be put back on. This is commom when trying to wean a patient of the breathing machine. During this time Rhett was able to be in the room and talk to his dad. Greg couldn't speak due to the tube in his throat, but he was holding onto Rhetts hand and squeezing it.
YEA!!!! They will be working the next few days on continuing to get him off the vent. Sherry is doing better since things are starting to look better, however she knows they are not out of the woods yet. He remains on the dialysis machine and will remain on until the kidneys start to produce more.

SHERRY SAYS THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR PRAYS AND HELP>

Blessings to them and especially to all you on this forum who ONCE again has picked up and done what is necessary to help one of our forum families!

Where oh where is that darn winning Lottery ticket when we need it eh? No matter we will continue to do what we can..

sorry we're not closer, being retired we might have been able to help with horses. Hugs to Gregg from Carl and I, even though we've never met and he probably won't know who we are.

Maxine

:aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Today Sunday morning Greg is completely off the Vent. They were able to get him off on Sat. and today he is talking. Although he is very weak he is continuing to improve. Greg is wishing for no visitors at present time and this is the best for him so he can get the rest needed. He does remain in critical care and on dialysis, but this is area is also improving. We look forward to the day he will be out of CCU and more so back home with his family. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE FOR THEM AND FOR THE PRAYERS>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is WONDERFUL news!!!! So happy to hear this!! Continued healing thoughts are being sent for Gregs full and complete healing and recovery!

Thank you SO much for the updates- keep 'em coming!!! I wasnt able to get on here all weekend to check and was really worried about his condition.

Prayers and good thoughts continue to go their way, along with a huge bundle of hugs!!!

Latest posts

Back