update on Ron Hayes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
I have spent today over at Ron Hayes house and thought you would like an update. Its with a very heavy heart that I have to report the news is not good. Ron has went down hill very fast. I know we never really know when the time to go is near, but the nurse has said today that this week may be it. Ron is now pretty much non responsive. He will try to open his eyes when he first hears your voice and some times let out a sound, but not much. His breathing is very labored. There are several of us from our horse club that have tried to be over there to help Bob and help with trying to care for Ron (turning him, keeping him clean , ect..) and hospice is going to start coming every day now.

Ron was so happy to get to see all of you at convention, I really think in his heart he knew that would be the last time he would get to see or talk to some of you. And he was so excited to ride in the Limo back to the hotel from the Dixie Stampede. He got a kick out of Mike Strassle. I would personally like to thank all of you who talked to him, said hi, or gave him a hug. You really dont know how special that was to him. He was so tickled to think some of you even knew who he was.

Ron so loves his horses, and everything that goes along with them, and he touched many people with his kind heart and his ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP attitude. I dont mean to sound as if Ron is already gone, but I know we have to accept that the time is very near now. Its so so sad, and even sadder to see him this way. A man full of life , always a smile and kind word for someone. I could call him ANYTIME and ask for help and without hesitation, he and Bob were on there way!

Bob is pretty much at a loss right now, so please keep him in your thoughts.

I just felt like I needed to let you all know where things stood, so many call me and ask to keep them informed.............

I plan on going over some each day if possible, As will Sherry, Terri and more I am sure .
default_no.gif

Thanks for listening,

Linda Killion

Linda, what a kind and thoughtful gesture and post. I do not know Ron Hayes or many other well know enthusiast and people that have sculpted this industry. He sounds like someone I would enjoy knowing and has touched many lives. Blessed thoughts upon him and safe travel where this journey takes him.

Ron is such a super guy and I really hate that this is happening to him.
default_no.gif

I hope he passes peacefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Linda.. I was so glad Ron came to Convention
default_wub.png
And I do know he was all smiles as he got in my Birthday Limo with all the Gang !! Give him our Love when you see him tomorrow...
default_cheekkiss.gif

So thought everyone would enjoy seeing the pictures of Ron and Bob in the Limo..

100_0033.jpg

100_0028.jpg

Linda,

Although I never officially met Ron, whenever I saw him he was having fun. I will NEVER forget how much fun he had last year in the Chariot class at Nationals. It was a joy to watch!

My prayers are with his friends and loved ones at this time. Peace will be his.

Oh Linda,

I have just read your post and it is so heartbreaking to hear of Ron's condition.

It is really strange as he has been on my mind a lot the past few days. Buddy and I have talked about him and Saturday I wrote his phone number on a post-it and stuck to the front of my monitor planning to give him a call and just haven't taken the time to stop and make the call. I never dreamed his condition had worsened to this point. I am just ashamed I have not called him recently.

We went over a couple of months back and bought a filly from him that is out of one of his mare's that we already owned one of her daughters we just love and when he told me he would sell Duchess we went and got her.

We plan to try to show Duchess in 2009 and I wanted him to know how nice she is coming along. I have been thinking how much he would enjoy seeing her in the ring. I sent him a picture of her a while back.

Now this, I am just sick. Please let Bob know we send him our best. This has to be so very hard for him. I would call, but knowing the situation I hate to bother him. Just let him know we are thinking of him everyday and thank you for posting the information on Ron's condition and thank you for being such a good friend to them.

Such saddness. Ron is a lovely man who showed complete devotion and so much affection to his animals. So unfair.
default_crybaby.gif

Although I have never had the opportunity to meet Ron I did send him a card not long ago and I hope he enjoyed all the cards that I am sure he received. So glad that he had the chance to get to Convention one more time and those photos are great. Looks like he was having a great time. I do pray that he has a peaceful passing.
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_sad.png

Linda, Terri and Sherry

Please give Ron a hug for me and give Bob my best. It was so great getting to see Ron at convention. He still had his fire and wit - he was cracking me up with his comments. All of you guys down in your area are awesome - you all really take care of each other. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

All of my thoughts and prayers will be with Ron and Bob (and all of you).

Lisa - Ozark

I wanted to update we got a call that Ron passed early this morning.
default_no.gif
Mom is over with Bob now as I am sure other of our club members are heading over to be with Bob.

Belinda those pictures are great, Ron was so happy to be at Convention even if he didn't feel his best he loved it..... I will send those pictures over to Bob later

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to Bob and so glad that your Mom was able to go over and help him.

Arlene

God Bless him...Prayers sent for Bob to keep the sweet memories.

I am so sorry to read of the passing of this man who was obviously so loved and treasured. he will continue to be so, as is fitting, though it's so difficult for his loved ones to go on without his physical presence.

I didn't know him, but I wish his family and friends all the best in this trying time, and peace in their grief.

Liz

I wanted to update we got a call that Ron passed early this morning.
default_no.gif
Mom is over with Bob now as I am sure other of our club members are heading over to be with Bob.
Belinda those pictures are great, Ron was so happy to be at Convention even if he didn't feel his best he loved it..... I will send those pictures over to Bob later
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

I am so sorry to hear of Rons' passing. Please know my prayers are going out to Bob, their family and many friends.

Beth

Rest in Peace Dear Ron, you have taken your chariot to heaven and when I see a shooting star racing across the evening sky I know that will be you and your chariot racing to the finish line.

Bob, peace be with you now that Ron has gone home and is no longer in pain. It was so great to see you both at Convention and we loved having you at the Awards Breakfast table with us, even though Ron could not. I know that Ron wanted to be at the Convention to see everyone one last time and it was so great to see him there, to go to the Stampade and to have so much fun. Jan Tobey, Jan Bryant, Shelley and I so enjoyed both Bob and Ron sitting with us at the pre-show event and then watching Ron get into that Limo with the gang.

Peace be with Ron's family and Bob during these next difficult days. We will all miss that wonderful charioteer
default_no.gif
. No more sadness, no more tears, remember the good times and you will remember this wonderful man and the joy he brought to all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear he passed. Glad that he had a good time for awhile.Was it cancer?

Do you have a mailing address to send cards I know it helped me so much.

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back