Rest in Peace Gabriel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
Today we had our special Gabriel euthanized. It was a hard decision. We knew he probably wouldn't be able to handle another cold winter and when Larry did his feet last week, he found that he was beginning to founder on one of his front feet........

We found a wonderful place that cremates pets. And a very kind young mobile vet........ I told Gabriel our plans and all I got in response was the word, "When?"

He was ready. He crossed before the vet had given him the full syringe.

Here is his story ==

http://www.miniatureventures.com/gabriel.html

He may be gone physically, but he's made it clear already that he still has much to do in Spirit.

Born May 12, 2003. Passed Sept. 16, 2009.

Maryann

MA and Larry -

We are very sorry to hear of Gabriel's passing. He had a great heart and was a wonderful horse and an inspiration. He will be greatly missed. He will be awaiting you at the Rainbow Bridge - maybe he and Zander will meet each other for a chat.

Mark & Sharon

i am so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

SOOOOOOOO Sorry to hear your loss, I knew of Gabriel some time back, I was doing google and came across his story, You gave him the best from begining to end on earth. He his now at a better place with no bad days or pain to come. We just put our Stormy down on monday hard thing to do, You did the right thing and he loves you for that to.

We wish you the best,

RIP Gabriel you are loved

Oh, Maryann and Larry,

I'm so sorry to hear this! Eerily, I was just re-reading our LB Hall of Fame thread on the Best of LB board. Gabriel is listed amongst our most memorable "family" members, and rightly so. Gabriel's lesson of how to live and enjoy life has had a deep meaning in my life and I'm sure many others.

I feel so honored to have met him in person, and to have experienced his undaunted spirit. When Gabriel came into the world, he came to the best possible home for him, with people who would do everything possible for him, including knowing when to let him go.

I'm so sad to hear of his passing, yet at the same time I'm so proud that I can count amongst my friends such wonderful, wise people.

susanne

Awe
default_no.gif
It just is not fair that the specials ones go way to soon.... I can tell by the look in his eyes he was a pistol! Sorry for your loss....Hugs to you and the ones who loved him..God Speed Gabriel....Art and Theresa
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry it was time for your little one to leave you much sooner than he should have had to. He's galloping in those green meadows that we all know exist for those pets we've loved and lost.

I am so very sorry. He was one of the forum favorites with his big heart. Glad he was ready to go. Sorry to hear this.

Maryann and Larry....I am so sorry to hear about Gabriel. He truly was a special family member. I'm sure he is still on the farm in spirit.

Ma, Larry and Bri, my thoughts are with you today. Gabriel will always be remembered by all as a very special horse with an undaunting spirit. RIP Gabriel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I am sorry to hear that it was time for you to let him go. I remember his story from when he was young and lost his leg. He is a special horse.

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear about your precious boy "Gabriel" having to be put to rest. What a spirit indeed.... [/SIZE]

Thank you so much for sharing his story with us.

So sorry to hear about Gabriel - what a wonderful little horse. He is running on all fours now.

RIP Gabriel!

Barbie

Oh Maryann and Larry,

I have not been on the board much lately and just happened to see the "Rest In Peace Gabriel". I knew it was your Gabriel before I read who posted it. I am so sorry to hear this - I remember what a brave and heroic little horse he was and followed his story on the forum when this first happened to him.

He has been a joy and inspiration to us all Maryann and has lived five wonderful and glorious years as a result of your love and care for him. I know this was hard for you - but know that he is free of pain now, watching over you are your family.

God Bless You

Beth

Oh Maryann I am so sorry to hear of Gabriel's passing. I remember his story and he was SO very blessed to have you and Larry to love and care for him.

RIP Gabriel.

Latest posts

Back