Rest in Peace Gabriel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart goes out to you, Larry, and your daughter.

RIP Gabriel.

My dear sister in spirit and love, you know how I feel. My love and light surrounds you all in this epic passing of a true hero of the equine world. Love you.

MA and Larry --

I'm so sorry! Gabriel was one of the most special forum babies, and one I think of often.

Hugs,

Jill

I too want to add my condolences but also want you to know that it was Gabriels story and courage that helped me to decide to keep Helen Keller my blind little girl. He taught us all so much about perserverence and strength. I am sooo sorry to hear of his passing but wanted you to know how he impacted lives very far away. Helen was another amazing little horse and lives now with a wonderful family who have taken her to a handicapped childrens camp just this summer. Just think I almost had her put down but Gabriel showed me that handicapped horses can do so much, Thank you for sharing him with all of the forum family.

Nita

Mary Ann what a wonderful story on your website about Gabriel.

Some horses exceed our human expectations and live on far after their passing.

Gabriel is one such horse.

How wonderful that he touched so many people's lives and taught all, including the veterinarians, some important lessons.

Thank you for sharing this very personal moment with us all.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Gabriel. He was so very special and it took special people like you to give him the chance he had at life.

Carol

I'm so sorry MaryAnn. Gabriel was a little horse I felt I knew and will never forget. What a little champion he was.

I want to say "Sorry for loss" and I went to your site and read about him and it really touch my heart and glad that the lab had help you all out and he does have strong spirit and you all did all your best to loving him and his heart know it.
default_smile.png

God Bless!

MA -

I am so sorry that you lost Gabriel...as a long timer, of course I remember his story and how much you did for him. Rest in peace...I am so sorry...

Liz R.

I'm sorry, its always so hard to say goodbye but it does sound like he was ready to go. His work here was done and it was time for him to move on. He touched many lives while he was with you and his life will be like a stone dropped in still water, it will send ripples out for a very long time.

We are so very sorry Larry, Maryann and Bri....
default_crybaby.gif
...for your loss of Gabriel...You all took such good care of him and he loved you
default_wub.png
and for that and he always LOVE YOU!

God Bless

((HUGS))

Love you,

Mel and Jenny

I'm so sorry to hear that Gabriel's time on earth is over. What a special boy he is, and what wonderful lessons he had for all of us. Truly an angel.

Ooohhhh I'm so sorry for the loss of this sweet little boy. I do remember his legacy....he was certainly a little fighter.

All of your messages mean a lot to us. Thank you. It doesn't seem quite true - that he's gone. We've had to stop ourselves from going out to check on his water, etc..... last night, and again this morning. (He's been living in our front yard this summer.... where he had shade and green grass, plus we could easily see him from the livingroom and our office.)

Nita, your post about little Helen Keller, was especially comforting. His mission was to inspire others and knowing what he did for you and your filly gave me goosebumps. She also was born for a purpose and you found it. That is so beautiful.

One thing Larry and I are already discussing is that even though Gabriel is physically gone, his Spirit is definitely still here and very strong and his purpose and example is going to carry on. I am going to finish the book I started about his life. And Larry is going to begin investigating about Grants for "The Gabriel Foundation".

We have agreed that "The Gabriel Foundation" will be for the benefit of children who need a prostheses and also need emotional and mental support. Several years ago Gabriel told both Bonnie Fogg and me that his main purpose was to help children......

Anyway.....reading through this thread brings tears all over again......but good ones, healing ones, I think.

Maryann

For my dear Maryann and others as well, from a good friend of mine:

Miss me, but let me go

When I come to the end of the road,

And the sun has set for me,

I want no tears in a gloom-filled room.

Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not too much,

And not with your head bowed low.

Remember the love that once we shared,

Miss me, but let me go.

This is a journey we all must take

And each must take alone,

It's all a part of God's perfect plan,

A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart,

Go to the friends that we know.

Bury your sorrows in doing good,

Miss me, but let me go.

His Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of him as gone away -

His journey's just begun,

Life holds so many facets -

The earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting

From the sorrows and the fears

In a place of warmth and comfort

Where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing

That we could know today

How nothing but our sadness

Can really pass away.

And think of him as living

In the hearts of those he touched...

For nothing loved is ever lost -

And he was loved so much.

E Brenneman

Oh my, I just read his story!!! Poor little guy just had a hard time from the very beginning!!! I'm so sorry for your loss but dont think he could have had better owners than you all and you gave him every chance to at least enjoy some life before it was time for him to spread his wings............

Hugs to you all!!!

Maryanne,

Sometimes special horses come into our lives and make every interaction a wonderful thing, either by who they are, or how they live. Gabriel was one of those! So was our Spider...Let's hope Gabriel and Spider are now running on all 4 legs screaming into the wind!

dru

I remember when he was born, his whole story. I still have a baby pic of him as a baby saved in my computer. When Larry was here, we talked about Gabriel and I told Larry that he was a Spirit Horse. He was very special.

I'm SO sorry you lost him, but I know that you know he's not really gone.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Robin........You said it.

Gabriel is a SPIRIT Horse. You always have a way of putting a finger on things.

Thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________

Debs/Sage........ I am cutting and saving those words you've posted.

You always find a way to locate those special quotes and thoughts. Bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back