researching a horses history/ancestory

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horse_apples

Reaction score
I am excited about learning more or possibly finding pictures of my older mare's parents. She really is a very sweet horse - I'm allowed to do whatever I want to her whether it be washing, brushing, hoof care... Her daughter is also a kind horse, but has a lot more spirit than her mom. She's only 6 years old though...

My question is: I thought I saw a site the other day where I could type in my horse's registration papers and it brought up information about her? Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about? I am referring to the "27767B" number just before her name. Sorry if I sound goofy, I'm still new at this.

It would be so neat to see other people's pictures of their horses that have the same fox brand as Dolly or find either of their brothers/sisters.

I'm hoping the horses are settling in happy and gaining some weight. Also I am happy and very thankful everyone here has been so helpful.

I think both AMHA and AMHR have pedigree databases, but you have to be a member to buy access to their pedigree databases and they are extra (on top of the membership fee). If your older mare has a valid registration certificate you will have to become a member for at least one year to transfer her into your name.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have to be a member to buy access to their pedigree databases and they are extra
BUT...sometimes a person who already has it will look it up for you. I just e-mailed a buddy of mine to ask if she could check it for you...I will post it for you when she does.

The number you posted doesn't come up at all. Are you SURE that is the correct number? Do you know the horse's registered name?

We had a mare with that brand, we bought her from the Hoycotts (sp). You can barely see the brand in the pic on her hind hip. Her name was Miranda. A wonderful mare! Sadly we lost Miranda. Here she is with her last foal, Ziggi in May of 2008. We still have Ziggi and always will....
default_wub.png

Miranda and Ziggi...

MirandaandZiggi3daysold-1.jpg

At one time it worked to post a link to the horse's page on horsestudbook.com but apparently it no longer does--the link I posted just goes to the default list of horses, which happens to be the Saddlebred database. You cannot right click to copy & paste the page contents, so I guess you will have to register and do the search yourself. Register at www.horsestudbook.com and then you can search all you like for free.

To search by number, you enter the number without the "B" (or A, whichever the horse is registered as) designation.

Latest posts

Back