Rescued foal 4 to 5 months old - No back ground - How tall will he get.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mylilgirls

Reaction score
Hi

I am just wondering about how tall he may end up once he is full grown, He is some were between 4 to 5 months and he is 24 inches tall. No info on mom or dad. Going by teeth he does have all his front teeth and his 1st molar on th bottom. I can get the pic to load so I will try to post one as soon as i can. see if this works

Molliecolt014.jpg

we cant wait to see what color he sheds out to be

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ! That's tiny. Depending if he was fed well I am guessing 27 ?

You could measure his cannon bone.

He looks very tiny!! Not a real good picture to tell very much from though...do you have any more maybe not grazing? Cute boy!!
default_wub.png
:wub Bless you for rescuing him...he looks like he needed a good home!

I will get some better pics this after noon, this pic was the 1st day he came and all he did was eat.

default_wacko.png
I dont know why I thought I read he was 22", not 24. I would say more like 29-30".

I'm going to guess he'll end up around 29 inches tall. Might be that he'll start a real growing spurt now that he's getting lots of quality feed though. He's a nice looking small mini, his legs are not too short for his body. Congratulations.

Allowing that he could be older or younger than guessed at, and that he is in pretty poor condition (bless you for taking him on, BTW) I would think he is going to make around 30"

Here are pics from today 3 weeks since he came

3weekslater008.jpg

3weekslater005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY--he is a cutie!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub He looks a similar color to my filly-a bay roan. He is looking much better already, though Joyce is right, he looks to have a worm belly!

He was loaded with worms, The upper pic from his 1st day here, That was 3 days after he was removed & seen by a vet & wormed & he passed alot of worms she said, I also wormed him 3 days ago, & I have not seen him pass any worms. So I am thinking a hay belly, Plus he has an issue with locking stifles, so he does not run much, but I do walk him up hills & keep him moving.

It will take some good protein in his diet and continuing to keep him worm free to get rid of the belly. I dont think he will be very big either, poor little guy. He already looks happier just since you have gotten him and his hair color/coat are already improving! Good for you!

He is now on foal feed with good protein, plus I am putting in purina 32 = 4oz a day in with the foal feed. He had bad rain rot, he felt like cement was just dumped on him, ears were cover, neck, back & rump. It was so thick... Nothing was helping so the vet gave me betadine, said to put it on him leave it for 1o min. then rince & do it every 3 days... we have it about gone, just a few tiny spots were it was real bad, So in the 3 weeks we have had him, he has had 5 baths. He is pretty good about a bath now. The 1st one was a mess. We then made a wood shoot like box walked him in, put a board across so he could no back out, by the 4th bath we could just hold him on a lead. He will be the best one to bath for sure, he is just a sweetie & loves the hands on. A true joy

Latest posts

Back