Rescued a fawn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt that amazing, he looks so much better. Good for you and Merry. Sending prayers to continue on a healing path for little Merry.

I wonder if goat's milk might be a good thing for his tummy. I am glad he is hanging in there
default_aktion033.gif
. (I was a bit afraid to open this thread
default_unsure.png
)

Awe, he is gorgeous, bless him! So glad to read that he seems to be recovering well
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

I raised a fawn a few years ago. He was a new born, his mother was hit by a car. I feed him goat milk. He stay here for about a year, he would follow me everywhere

on to the deck up in the hay in the barn. As he got older he would leave for 1 or 2 days then come back stay for awhile then go again. Then one day he left and never came back guess he found a wife.

Glad to hear Merry is still doing well!! Maybe the internet might have any additional info on what they need, if anything? There is just about nothing cuter than a baby deer!!

I one time rescued a hit by car fawn. she was adorable. sadly she didn't make it. But my vet said goats milk is the best. does anyone have a goat nearby?

Would love yet ANOTHER update on your "Merry"......when ever you have a chance.

Hope all is continuing to go well.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's so pretty! Thanks a million for taking him in like that. I just want to knit him some booties he's so darn cute
default_aktion033.gif
!

Awww Marty, you are too sweet!

Thought I'd post a quick update on Merry-he is doing GREAT and has turned into quite the feisty little boy. He has regained all of his strength and is FAST. Oh, and he is definitely the best hide and seek opponent I have ever gone up against
default_laugh.png
I have the hardest time trying to find the little begger. I am trying my best to expose him to as little human contact as possible. He runs when he sees me coming, but i'm happy because I know he'll have a good chance out on his own when the time comes.

Pictures when I get sneaky enough! I'll have to hide behind a tree or something next time he's fed and snap a few. He's so cute-gets the best milk beard!

Thank you all SO much once again for your prayers and help with Merry!

So he doesn't realize you are the milk wagon? I guess it's for the best for his sake, but he's so darned cute I would probably have made him a spot in my kitchen and just hugged on him all the time, LOL At least he is old enough to have learned the instincts to go hide, etc.... but I bet he sure misses his family, poor little guy.

Latest posts

Back