Rescue Mare Passes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so, so sorry for your loss...you did everything you could for her, and I have no doubt that she knew how well loved she was...

Liz R.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing one you have worked so hard to save is so difficult. Bless you for making her life a good one at the end. For sure, she knew she was loved! NO QUESTION! I pray you find some peace and solace, and are able to enjoy her gift to you, the beautiful filly, Legz.
default_bye-sad.gif
:

Chelsea-

I am so sorry about Lucy... Even though I already knew the whole story, I still cried when I read your post. I had to wait to respond until after you left here this morning. I am so glad that you are going to keep Legz. After the wonderful job you have done with Cowboy, Legz should be a piece of cake to train!

Mary

Lucy is comfortably looking down at you from heaven, she knows her earth mom did everything she could for her and she loves and thanks you for that.

I went to the paddock this morning and sat on a pail talking to Maddie ( Woodstock North Red Hot Mama) another of the mares rescued from that horrible place in Upton, MA, and thanking God she is here with us, happy, healthy, and well fed. These horses are so lucky to have wonderful homes with people who love and care for them.

Thank YOU for all you have done to make Lucy's life better!

Let's see Legz at some shows in memory of her mother....

dru

I am so sorry you lost her.

You did all you could for her and then some.

She knows she is loved.

I can't think how she could miss that fact with all you did for her.

Find some peace in that...though I know you will never get over missing her.

Liz M.

Thank you all for your kind words.

I don't have any recent pictures of Legz yet. But she's due for a photo shoot since I clipped her last week. And I think she just look so gorgeous(even for a yearling :bgrin ) I will be sure to get them up soon.

I try my best for all my horses...Legz is the only one who hasn't had anything bad happen to except for a very mild colic one morning that was cleared up as soon as the vet was out.

My stud colt Hano ripped his lip when he was about 2 months old, scraped his brand off and ran around on a cut leg until it was swollen(I swear, colts are just clumsy!) and my big mare I ride has aborted foals twice and thus can't have any foals. And then Lucy...

I pray to God nothing happens to Legz. So far all she's ever been able to do is jump through the fence and sleep next to the barn and try to go for a walk with a neighbor and their dog. Silly filly. She's so full of life and a trouble maker.

But I can see Lucy in her eyes.

I am so sorry for your loss, She was a pretty mare and she knew she was loved very much, I'm so glad you are keeping the little one.

Here's Legz...She will be registered with Pinto and her registered name is going to be "Illusive Legacy" 1) We don't know who papa is so that goes with the name 2) Lucy's registered name was Illusive 3) Legz can come out of Legacy 4) She's Lucy's baby and keeping her going

I love her.

DSC00496.JPG

DSC00507.JPG

DSC00504.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

She was very much loved. I just hope she knew that.

Lucy4.jpg

oh yeah, never doubt it, she knew.

i always wondered that myself about the colt i raised and lost at 2 1/2 years old... had Bonnie talk to him and Justice told her that BOTH of his mamas took really good care of him - his horse mom and me
default_yes.gif
: ... he was spoiled and he knew it. he also knew how hard we tried to save him when he got sick and he always, always felt the love...

Lucy knows too
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back