rescue challange

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Feathers

Reaction score
http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=112223

First, just a little background and why Ive decided to do this challenge:My mom passed away 3 yrs. ago on Christmas Eve and Nov 3rd would have been her 63rd birthday so I have been thinking alot about her the last several weeks. She had severe COPD and was unable to make the trip to Fla to visit, there fore she was never able to see any of my horses. She was able to see my dogs and would always call and ask about them and insist I send he pictures that she would always display right next to her 2 legged grandchildren throughout the house. When I started with the horses she would continue to always ask about them and also want to see pictures or at least have pictures that she could show her friends. She stopped asking for the 2 legged grandchildren from me years ago but knew that the dogs and horses are what I truly loved and always supported me. She would always welcome ( well most always welcome ) the stray animals that I would bring home as a kid. She never knew about the bat that I had in the shoe box for a week!!

Anyway, my sisters and I would for the last couple yrs. get together sometime in Nov. for a few days and celebrate Moms birthday. This yr. we are unable to do so because of other commitments.

IN MEMORY OF MY WONDERFUL MOM who never got to see my little horses but would never make me turn any animal away. I would like to challenge 1,000 forum members!! To each send $1.00

For every $1.00 you send to Chances I would be honored, along with my Mom to match your amount up to $1,000.00. Just think...that would be $2,000.00 to help with rescues. Winter is around the corner and for those of us that maybe cant take in another horse or volunteer to do other things ( I for one cant help any other way...My computer skills are very limited lol ) this could be a way of helping in some small way. So for every $1.00 you send you would really be sending in $2.00.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY $$ to me.

I am hoping Gini or Shannon or someone can come on and let you know how or where to send your $1.00.

The dead line in Midnight Nov. 3. Please Help Keep Some Minis Warm This Winter.....cause my Mom is watching!!

[SIZE=10pt]Heidi thank you from CMHR. What a wonderful tribute to your Mom!![/SIZE]

The addy's are

Paypal in the send to put

[email protected]

snail mail to

CMHR

% Gini Acton

16340 N Coronado View Rd

Tucson, AZ 85739

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif
Happy Birthday Mom
default_saludando.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

What a beautiful thing to do! I am off to paypal to make a donation in memory of my beautiful girl Tiny who passed away and I still miss every single day.

justintiny.jpg

I am planning to donate, but will add an extra $50 if someone will loan me a copy of Tom Lea's book about the King Ranch in Texas history from 1824-1953.I have been wanting to read this book for years and can't find it in Delaware.Had several libraries checking for me and no luck.First published in 1957 and may have been published later.I am an avid reader and will take good care of it and return it to you in same condition.I will be glad to pay shipping.Please help all you readers in Texas and southwest area.I am located in Delaware.Thanks for looking and helping out Chances.

Sent my $1.00

It's just one dollar folks ($1.00) - if someone is willing to match dollar for dollar, one dollar stretches pretty far then!

I have found several places to buy it, but I would really like to find a loaner and give the money to Chances.Somebody please help me.Maybe somebody in TX has a library card and could get it there for me.I have personal references across the US with Mini horse people.

Thanks so much everyone I know the little ones appreciate it.

Kay, little Tina is beautiful and what beautiful color. Rest in Peace little one.

Heidi

I just wanted to thank everyone that have sent donations so far......they are adding up quickly and will go a long way towards helping the horses.

We still have till Nov.3rd and its only $1.00

I sent $3.00 through my boyfriend's account (I don't have one and thats all he had on his:) It's a great [SIZE=12pt]organization[/SIZE], happy to help.

I'll be mailing some in soon!
default_saludando.gif

In honor of our gorgeous colt we lost this year.
default_crybaby.gif

website1006015.jpg

The donations keep arriving
default_saludando.gif
Reo, your little colt is darling, Im so sorry for your loss

Thank you for all your donations

Update on Rescue Foum

I'm off to Paypal to make a donation in honor of my own mother who is watching from above and my beautiful mare, Ellie Dawn, who crossed the rainbow bridge 4 days ago.

May the money raised bring much relief to suffering horses!

Rita

I just sent $10 via paypal. sorry its not more. jennifer (in remembrence of my beloved "Blue" that I lost in May)
default_saludando.gif

I sent a donation to Gini.It is in memory of my dad, Brown Parris Thawley,Sr. who died in 1974 and who was responsible for my love of horses.He bought me my first pony Beauty a black and white tobiano grade pony for my 3rd birthdy.It was the best present I have ever received in my life.67 years later I am still HORSE CRAZY and proud of it.I hope we get lots of donations for less fortunate Minis.I am still hoping someone can find me a loaner copy of Tom Lea's book about the King Ranch so I can give to Chances instead of buying the book.

Latest posts

Back