Repeat Buyer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many of you guys are "Repeat buyers"? By "repeat buyer" I mean have bought two or more horses from the same farm. What farms catch your eye enough to make a number of them part of your family?

I myself, have no repeat buys. However, I know of a number of farms' horses that I hope to add to my herd when the time that I can do so.

So what about you?

I have had at least five horses from Ravenwood Miniatures in NC. And if I were looking for a show baby, I would go back there again. I also have two mares in foal to a stallion they just sold overseas, so they are a farm I really trust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I definitely am. I have purchased three horses from Stacy at Mountain Meadows, and made a "best buddy" in the process. Part of buying a horse from Stacy is you definitely become part of the family. I have purchased several from Sundance LB because I loved a particular horse in their stallion lineup. I bought a colt from Sheryl Peterson of Oak Bay Acres this year, and wouldn't hesitate to get another from her either. I wanted a foal from her program for a long time before I found just the right stallion prospect. I have purchased two from Rob Crater, he is also excellent to work with and became a friend in the process. I guess you can guess by this that if I buy a horse from you, I very possibly would buy another!

default_rolleyes.gif
Well ... there are several farms that I would love to own horses from that I have been looking at and admiring ... when I can ... but I too have purchased 3 horses from the same farm, Thousand Oaks Ranch, and will buy from Sharman again when I can, in a heartbeat! Now that I have a better idea of what I am looking for and where my interests are, it makes it easier and there are some GORGEOUS prospects out there with a new batch of 2009 foals arriving to tempt!
default_gaah.gif
I do seem to be attracted to the same farms because of bloodlines, mostly ... and I like the taller "B" size also. I also have found myself checking out the AMHR/ASPC horses which could be in my future ....
default_new_shocked.gif

I am a repeat buyer. In fact 5 horses of my small herd of 14 came from Heavens Lil Minis and another 3 of them came from Rocky Creek Miniatures. I also have a couple of horses from other farms that I intend to go back to for future show purchases.
default_smile.png
As soon as I get the money to do so!

I for sure am, but its really not the farm as much as it is the horses and i know who i like to do business with. I'm always sold on the seller first too. Just about every person i have sold to or bought from i keep in contact with on atleast a weekly basis which is what i like
default_smile.png

Hidden Timbers, for one, can have my business, over and over again.

We had a buyer at our farm this year that bought 4 in the spring, and 7 in the summer, and one in the fall.

A second buyer bought 2 in the spring and 2 in the fall.

I think most buyers have a specific goal and also want some comfort in knowing that if there is any issue the seller is prepared to do " the right thing"

I work on the "do unto others" principle.

3 of my 8 minis came from the same farm, the other 5 were all different. I would buy from any of the sellers again. I would love to get a couple more minis, and have been looking at the farms I already purchased from and also from another farm.

I am a repeat buyer as well -- I bought 2 mares from the same farm Valentine's Day 2008. And I have bought several together before that as well. I also have several Don Maas Minis (none of them have come straight from him) but seems I am attracted to them as I have bought 4 of them I believe.

I have been a repeat buyer of a couple of farms in the past. This last fall, I purchased two show horses from Riverdance Miniaturtes in Minnesota. I would certainly buy from her again. Watch for us in the show ring this year!!!! Riverdance Scouts Black Tie Affair and Riverdances Wind In The Willow---here they are ----

riverdance-scouts-black-tie-affair-297x300.jpg

riverdances-wind-in-the-willows-252x300.jpg

I also enjoy my past show mare and brood mare from Frank and Charlotte
default_smile.png

Peggy

I have also been a repeat buyer from Sue Brooks at Riverdance Miniatures. I have purchased 6 beautiful minis from her, including my reserve World Champion pictured in my avatar.
default_firstprize.gif
I started out by buying a mare and colt from her, with the mare in foal. We were just starting to get into miniatures, and Sue was extremely helpful in teaching me the basics. I then bought a coming 3 y.o. gelding and started to drive him. She was always careful to point me in the direction of horses that I was ready to handle, as I was new at it and partially handicapped. She shared her love and knowledge of miniatures with me and we started to go to shows. When the mare aborted, she bred her back and we had a beautiful foal the following year. My daughter fell in love with a yearling, Riverdances Royal Secret, that Sue had intended to keep for herself for a driving horse, and we bought him 2 years ago. :love Look for him in the driving arena this year! Then last year, she decided to part with a filly, Riverdances Monarch Surprise, that we had always wanted since she was a weanling. She worked with me so I could afford to buy her.
default_new_multi.gif
Prize is the filly that I got the Reserve World Championship with last fall! She helped me to sell the brood-mare (she went to France) with ads on her website, not once but twice! (first sale fell through) Would I buy again? In a heartbeat!! In fact she has a few there now, that when I can afford to add on, may be the next additions to my little herd! :love

Barb

I've bought many horses from Erica Killion and a couple from the Harrells and Triple H
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

I am also a repeat buyer, and have several repeat buyers as clients, I think for the same reasons mentioned by Genie. Use the "do unto others" philosophy and you can't go wrong in the long term. I will buy again and again from a seller that is honest about what I'm getting. I don't expect perfection, there is no such thing, but when they point out things that I didn't even notice I appreciate it, so in turn try to do the same for the people buying from me!
default_wub.png

There's one seller I've gone back to several times over. Mary Ann Bartkewich of Bartkewich Miniatures here in Manitoba. I love her horses, and she is such a nice person to deal with.

I'm not buying any more horses....but I'll probably go look at Mary Ann's again this year, and that is always dangerous, :DOH! because there is always something there I like.

I am a repeat buyer. I have bought several horses over the years from RR Ranch, I have bought 6? horses from Lucky Four...I have bought at least 3 from Limestone.....3 from Arion......4 or 5 from Little King and would most certainly go back in the future to all of the above when I am looking for a horse.

I haven't been a repeat buyer "yet" but hope to purchase from Reece Family Miniautres, and would def repeat! I have had several Repeat buyers as clients though! One lady has purchased almost every horse we have ever offered for sale, and I enjoy it because she keeps in contact and is a great home!
default_yes.gif

Three of our seven minis came from Sawmill River Farm, so I guess that makes me a repeat buyer!! And they also sent us to Aloha Acres when they didn't have any pinto fillies available in 2004, so they are responsible for another one. They have very nice horses and are a pleasure to deal with!

We are repeat buyers from Taylors Pony Farm, Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm and Dawns Chase Farm. We also have had many repeat customers buying from us here at Coventry Lane Farm with some being in the the state of Pa and some buyers from as far as the state of Vermont with one lady purchasing 6 mares over a period of three years.

Back