Reno Update!!-so much excitement!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarwoodAcres

Reaction score
So, after going back and forth with poor Robin ( I possibly gave her a headache) about taking Reno back I had the vet,chiro and massage theropist out. Not all in the same day of coarse.

1st. came the vet. He said he really cant tell much without xrays so he put him on MSM and excersise for 30 days to see if any chage occures.

2nd came the massage theropist. She came across MANY areas in Reno where he was super tender and wouldnt let either of us touch him.

3rd. The massage theropist came out AND chiro today. They tag teamed him LOL. Today, he was MUCH better for the massage theropist. wasnt running and bolting away from pain. he stood very happy in one spot for a while letting her continue her massage. When the chiro got to work on him she agreed he has several areas of pain. Shoulder pain was an area he wouldnt let us touch. He had a rib out! and his elbo was kinda out. He had many spots in his back and a couple in his neck. His hips where out which leads us to his "locking stifle" instant change!!! He was SOOO much better, still locks a smidge but has 90% better ability to unlock it. Chiro said give him a week and see if he comes out 100%. He may not, but there is a good chance. He could have just been out of wack this whole time without a stifle issue!!
default_doh.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Now, I will make note that this is not 100% proof of fixing his issue! ill post a video in a few days after he has time to readjust to his new body!!!

Its amazing what a good chiro can do for a horse. I never would have thought my minis could be out, they pretty much just hang out; but we've had shoulder issues, fetlock issues, neck issues, hip issues, back issues (not all on the same horse). The mare with shoulder issues slipped on hte ice, but I don't know what happened with the others.

Latest posts

Back