removing rust from blades

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minis_4ever<3

Reaction score
I have a pair of Oster blades size 10! They were just given to me and they have alot of rust on them!!!!!! :no: how do u gte ride of it???
default_unsure.png
:

-Cara

We were just given a bowl of blades to sharpen that are all rusty. We have a cleaning solution that helps break up the rust, doesn't remove it all completely but does a really good job on it. I'd bet the blades probably need to be sharpened too. PM if you want.

They don't look TOO bad but who knows how old they are or how many times they've been sharpened? I have to say that to remove rust from my clippers, I use Rob Crater. Send 'em to him and he will clean them up and sharpen them the best they can be... if he can't do it they're probably too far gone.

The Clipper Barn

Hope that helps direct you a little. If they are rusty they most likely need to be sharpened.

Andrea

well, where I work, we deal with removing rust on stainless steel equipment. We use a Phosphoric Acid.

Apply a thin coat and scrub with a non-abrasive pad. When we have removed the rust, we remove (rinse)the acid. If the chemical isn't removed, it will damage the stainless.

Last step is oil, oil, oil.

But I agree with another person....it is easier to just send my blades to Rob
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back