Reminder -- Great Clinic on April 12th & 13th

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]In our tradition of bringing you the Best of the Best the
Northeast Miniature Horse Club
Cordially Invites You To
A WEEKEND of CLINICS with MIKE McCABE[/SIZE]

McCabe.jpg

World-Renowned Breeder, Trainer & Judge
April 12 and 13, 2008
The Carriage Barn Equestrian Center
6 Sarahs Way, Newton, NH
in the historic Kettle Carriage House
(heated)
&
In the spacious Indoor Arena
Registration and Coffee at 8:30 a.m.
Clinic to begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Northeast Miniature Horse Clubs Annual
AMHA Amateur Clinic with Mike McCabe
Hands-on Training of the Halter Horse
Including tips on Conditioning, Grooming,
Show Ring Prep & Presentation

Saturday's Amateur Clinic is FREE to all AMHA Amateur and Youth members
(Cards must be current for the 2008 show season!)
NMHC Members without Amateur cards $10
Non-NMHC members without cards $30
Our Famous Gourmet Potluck Lunch Buffet is Included
On Saturday evening, we invite you to join Mike McCabe and the Northeast Miniature Horse Club members
for an Informal Dinner and Conversation at
Pond View Restaurant
Kingston, NH

On Sunday April 13, at 8:00 a.m.
NMHC is proud to Present
Our 2nd Annual Mike McCabe Driving Clinic
Beginning with Mikes not-to-be-missed
Round Pen Demonstration
Followed by private driving lessons
for you and your horse.
Auditors Welcome ~ Q & A Encouraged
Driving Clinic Costs
Private Lesson with your horse – 50 minutes ~ $100
To Audit: a ringside seat for the private lessons ~ $20
(Auditors - Please bring your own chair for Sunday)
These MUST be reserved and paid for in advance.
Please contact coordinator Dru Crowell: [email protected] ~ (508) 430-1725
SLOTS FOR THE PRIVATE DRIVING LESSONS ARE FILLING FAST, PLEASE
RESERVE ASAP!
DONT MISS OUT!
Also Featured - A Silent Auction Table
Including a totally reconditioned set of Double K Clippers; A consignment of rack of gorgeous,
gently worn Show Clothes; Mini ‘facialing kits to put that Professional Finish on YOUR Show
Horse; Show Halters ~ Harness & Related Equipment and Much more!
We will also have flea market table space available for $10 to sell your wares.
~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday April 12:
The Amateur Clinic on Saturday is FREE To all AMHA Amateur and Youth card holders.
Cards must be current for the 2008 season!
Fees: NMHC Members without Amateur cards $10
Non-NMHC members without cards $30
Lodging:
Rooms available at The Kettle Carriage House Bed and Breakfast on Premises ~ 603-
378-0140
NMHC has also reserved a block of rooms at Comfort Suites, Haverhill, MA, about 7
miles away $68/night includes breakfast (978) 374-7755
(Mention Northeast Miniature Horse Club Clinic & reserve by April 4)
Stalls available for your driving horses at the Carriage Barn ~ 603-348-0140
Visit www.northeastminis.org/calendar.htm for the Clinic Reservation Form
SEATING IS LIMITED ~ DONT BE LEFT OUT!
PLEASE RESERVE BY TUESDAY, APRIL 1 TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE
For the Amateur Clinic or to Audit the Driving Clinic
THE PRIVATE DRIVING LESSONS WITH MIKE ARE FILLING FAST, PLEASE
RESERVE ASAP!

For additional information and Reservation forms, please visit our website at
Northeast Miniature Horse Club Site

I cannot wait to come up and enjoy MIKE! This will make my THIRD clinic with him and I've learned something new every time....Sometimes MANY new things! He is a wealth of knowledge and fun too...you know I'll travel miles for more fun!

The driving Clinic on Sunday is filling FAST, (if it's not already full....I'm still counting heads) but there are no limits for audits so plan on a SECOND day of fun!

AND REMEMBER......."Hair is bad, CUT IT OFF!"

(As quoted by Mike in 2005)

See you all there!

IF these two girls get foaling

off to give them pep talks now, but am lowering myself to bribing them.......

This is what I get for posting something while I have the plague, creaping crud AND the flu.......I can't count and have a request to have a lesson moved to Saturday, which opens up two more openings for the driving clinic on Sunday. Again, no limit for audits!

Back to bed.....

I just wanted to remind everyone to be sure to get your AMHA Amateur card remewed in time for the clinic on Saturday. There is no charge for amateurs with current cards for the Saturday clinic.

You won't believe how much you can learn from someone like Mike -- he is not only a wealth of information, he know how to convey what he is talking about -- s skill not too many people possess.

Mike will have everyone showing like a pro (and having fun!!!).

I'm really excited to be bringing Rev up for another driving lesson.

And auditors -- you won't believe how much you can pick up by just watching other horses' lessons. It's well worth the price of admission on Sunday!!!

This clinic is close for all of our Maine members, so I hope you'll decide to join us again this year.

Jenifer

We would have loved to have you attend, Rain, as there will be something for everyone of all ages.

One of the nice things about attending a clinic led by someone with Mike's credentials is that you get the perspective of a judge (he's judged the AMHA World Show), but also a trainer and and exhibitor. He will share with us not only what a judge sees and is looking for in the ring, but he also has years and years of experience working with many, many horses.

When we planned this clinic (and the 2 the Northeast Miniature Horse Club offered last year), we opted not to go the member-led clinic route. Despite that fact that some of our members have 19+ years experience showing minis, our knowledge is still limited to the horses we have worked with and the experiences we have had in the ring ourselves. There's no way individuals can offer the amount of information and expertise a professional judge/trainer/exhibitor can, particilarly someone like Mike who is a trained instructor. That's why we hired one of the best the industry has and are bringing him to our members and colleagues. You get wht you paid for and then some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've signed up for the private session, but I have a mare under camera, due April 7. And she's not progressing very much. I hope hope hope this doesn't keep me from going!

Tell that mare that you really need her to get busy!

Tell that mare to get busy!!!

Wow, sounds like a great weekend. Wish we were closer so we could attend. With events like that your club is one that can truly be looked up to.

Gary

For those of you planning to attend, be sure to let us know if you want to participate in our brainstorming Q & A with Mike at dinner Saturday night. It will be relaxed and informal, and usually the best learning time of the clinic. Please make a note on your reservation form, or if you already sent it in, we will be contacting everyone who is registered. The Pond View Restaurant in Kingston, NH has something to please everyone, in all price ranges, or you can even join us for dessert and coffee.

As it seems I'm in the same boat with alot of other people with mares due to foal, I'm trying really hard to move these girls along AND manage to convince my dad to take me up Sunday morning as I have some other commitments Friday and Saturday. April is always crazy for me.
default_wacko.png
But this clinic really was UNBELIEVABLE last year so I am really itching to go. After watching my mom go through all this over here to get things rolling, I can tell you guys this isn't something you'd want to miss! Hope I can make it, and hope to see you all there!

I am coming with my 10 yo son. We are making a weekend of it and staying with two of our horses!! I have really spluged... or at least it feels like it.... We are each doing a lesson with Mike. My 10 yo is so excited and a bit nervous too. So am I
default_wink.png

Can't wait!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also looking forward to this clinic as well. I wish I had space for driving, I think I have a couple of horses that would be great at it! I can't wait to see what Mike has in store for us about conditioning, grooming, clipping and presentation of our horses for the show ring. I'm also busy preparing the "make-up" buckets for those facials, and putting together the "hand-outs" for the people who come.

Don't forget to bring those auction items and plenty of money for buying!

I'm leaving the husband home as it is foaling time for us as well as most of you. Hope to see you all soon
default_saludando.gif

Everyone has worked very hard to make this a great, informative and fun clinic. I just want to thank a few people who went above and beyond on behalf of the club:

Dru Crowell coordinated all aspects of the driving portion of the clinic.

Val and Ray Carroll did a great job coordinating the handouts and putting together the grooming buckets.

Cindy Moses put together the program, travel arrangements, booking of the site, and much more.

All of our officers and directors really stepped up to the plate to help with this event.

It will be a great weekend -- one that I hope will be talked about like last year's was!!

Latest posts

Back