Oklahoma Club Annual Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tea cup

Reaction score
default_aktion033.gif
OK all you Oklahoma and surrounding areas mini fans- or anyone that would like to attend - the Oklahoma Miniature Horse Club 2011 annual Youth and Amateur clinic is set!!! Mark your calendars and plan on joining us for a FULL day of fun and learning activities Saturday, April 2, 2011.

We are happy to announce that our guest speaker will be Sami Scheuring, AMHA Senior judge, and our clinic will be based upon "As the judge sees it", how to present yourself and your horse in the arena.

We are very excited to be hosting the event in a BRAND NEW facility in El Reno, Oklahoma at the Redlands Community College Equestrian Center. There will be multiple learning activities, including classroom, hands on demonstration and classes that you can take your horse in and have feedback with an experienced judge.

What an opportunity to learn! An all day event with opportunity for practice and question and answer sessions that everyone is invited too!!

Come learn with us and have FUN doing it.

For more information, please contact Wilma Bouska, OMHCI Youth/Amateur Committee Chair, call or text 405-834-8225, or e-mail [email protected]

I live between Perry & Stillwater... Where is El Reno in relation to that?

Kari Masoner

Small by Design Miniatures

Perry, OK

Just checked. We're about an hour and half from ElReno... I'm sure we can attend... Do we bring a horse or two for practice?

Kari

For those interested in attending, El Reno is just west of Oklahoma City off of Interstate 40. Easy access from any direction!

Yes, I understand that horses are not only allowed, but welcomed. Also I understand there are stalls available if needed. I'm sure more info will be coming in the days ahead.

Charlotte

I have two nice items for door prizes I plan to contribute:

Frankeny's Veterinary Guide for Miniature Horses

and a french link driving bit
Marsha, that is GREAT. We are going to try to have a silent auction to raise some money for the Youth fund. Thanks, so much.

If anyone is interested in information, please make sure I have your name and contact information so I can send additional information as we get it together. We are planning on an afternoon hands on "practice session" for halter, showmanship, driving and possibly other performance classes, so will need specifics on horses that are coming for planning purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great! I loved the one clinic that I made it to. Wish that I could make it to this one too. But I should have 7 mares due to foal at the same time so I might not make it.
default_new_shocked.gif

Maybe they will all surprise me and foal early enough that I can come!

Well nertz! Thanks a lot Jules!
default_laugh.png
Here I thought I was going to get to go and your post made me realize I might not get to! I have 4 mares due then too!

Just found out more about the clinic. OMG! It's going to be awesome! Brand NEW state of the art facility! We are SO lucky to get in there.

People are encouraged to bring horses but if you can't horses will be brought from local trainers/farms for you to practice with. This is a YOUTH/AMATEUR CLINIC so I think mares, geldings are preferred but I'll have to clarify that.

Morning will be a classroom setting with video etc. Afternoon will be a 'show' setting.

We'll start out with donuts at 8 a.m. registration, lunch for a donation only, and pizza provided by 2 farms in the evening and the opportunity to review and ask more questions of Sami. So you don't have to worry about bringing food or going to hunt for it.

Hotels nearby

Stalls for FREE!!!! Bring your own bedding.

There's so much more.....some OMHCI person will keep posting as more info is available.

Wheeee

Charlotte

Back