Remember when I said I was working on Hubby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi everyone.. I wasn't going to say anything just in case it doesn't work out, but I can't hold it in anymore. Remember my wanting to get a just weaned foal, so you know my three, is a odd number, and we just have to get that evened up
default_rolleyes.gif
. Well I got a phone call on Sat. from the breeder I got my sweety Posie from.. I have been in contact with her, and I did tell her that my next mini was my dream one. Not that the ones I have aren't-- they are all the love of my life
default_wub.png
But she called to ask me if i still was interested in getting a just weaned foal. And of course my answer was yes.. The mare she just bought is in foal and is due in April.. Her last 3 foals(she was bred to that same stallion again) were black and white fillies with blue eyes
default_drool5.gif
That is exactly what I have been dreaming of.. She sold Posie because she changing her breeding progam, and doesn't want the pintos. She is into the bays and solids.. So she said that this little one would be mine if I wanted.. The big thing-- HUBBY
default_whistling.gif
Well, he said if the foal is what I want, he is behind me and he will be ready for the road trip when the time comes...And once the foal's hooves hit the ground, he will start building a paddlock just for it.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_488.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
I am just sooo happy.. I am just affraid that I am going to jinx it by talking about it, but I can't keep quiet any longer.. So please, pray for the foals safe welcome into the world.. But my luck, it will come out completely different. But, I think either way, I have my weanling on they way!!! Even if it is a colt, he will still have a forever home here(I just pray that it is the black and white with blue eyes as that is the deal with hubby, then I will be done adding
default_whistling.gif
default_pinocchio.gif
(Hey I had to say the right thing for now..
default_rolleyes.gif

So please wish me luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really exciting, hope all turns out exactly as you are hoping!!!!

This is exciting news and the anitipation of your foal being born, and then waiting for it to be old enough to come home, will be a fun, too
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

OOH! How exciting! I hope the foal turns out to be what you want!

I hope you get your dream baby! Let us know as soon as she is born!!!! What a nice hubby too!

Robin

That's so exciting! I hope you get the dream foal you want and that it all goes smoothly!
default_aktion033.gif

~Rebecca

default_saludando.gif
All,

I do have a question.. With the little one being so small when it gets here, how long would I have to keep it seperated from my older guys. My gelding is 7 this year, my Lucy will be 6 and Posie will be three.. They are all on the taller side from 32 to 34.. The sire to the foal is on 27' so this one should be smaller than my guys-- what I also wanted to.. And this will be my first "baby" any advice to help me get ready?? Posie was the youngest when I got her at 2 yrs.. I have a lot to learn, again, but I have plenty of time.. The foal is due in April so by the time it is weaned it should be around Aug..

Thanks,

Jodie

How great for you to get your baby!! I cant wait to see pix!!

I hope it is the black and white pinto with blue eyes you want. I would love 1 of those myself!! I actually would take a colt and geld him...

Keep us posted...
default_yes.gif

She can probably go out with your other minis fairly soon after you bring her home. But, you will most likely want to feed her her grain in a stall or a separate pen so that the others won't take it from her. I'd think she can eat hay with them, though
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
All,

I do have a question.. With the little one being so small when it gets here, how long would I have to keep it seperated from my older guys. My gelding is 7 this year, my Lucy will be 6 and Posie will be three.. They are all on the taller side from 32 to 34.. The sire to the foal is on 27' so this one should be smaller than my guys-- what I also wanted to.. And this will be my first "baby" any advice to help me get ready?? Posie was the youngest when I got her at 2 yrs.. I have a lot to learn, again, but I have plenty of time.. The foal is due in April so by the time it is weaned it should be around Aug..

Thanks,

Jodie
Well depends on whether you get a sweet little filly or a colt whom is ready to breed!! A colt would be best suited to run with the gelding, otherwise he will be harassing your mares and could get himself kicked; and a filly would hopefully fit in with your mares..........unless you have an aggressive "boss" mare. Will have to wait and see what the personality of the foal is too.

Congrats on which ever gender arrives!! I know you are eager to get your new baby, but please do not bring it home too soon. I had a bad experience buying a foal and bringing her home at three months, (sold at an auction which was another bad choice); she developed foal protein defficieny and almost died. Better to be patience and a lot less vet bills.

Wendy

default_saludando.gif
All,

Thanks,

Jodie
Well depends on whether you get a sweet little filly or a colt whom is ready to breed!! A colt would be best suited to run with the gelding, otherwise he will be harassing your mares and could get himself kicked; and a filly would hopefully fit in with your mares..........unless you have an aggressive "boss" mare. Will have to wait and see what the personality of the foal is too.

Congrats on which ever gender arrives!! I know you are eager to get your new baby, but please do not bring it home too soon. I had a bad experience buying a foal and bringing her home at three months, (sold at an auction which was another bad choice); she developed foal protein defficieny and almost died. Better to be patience and a lot less vet bills.

Wendy
Thanks for your advice. I will just try and see how everyone does together.. And thanks about the warning about coming home to soon. I know, that she wouldn't let me until the foal was ready.. I would do what was best for the baby, no matter how fast I want the time to come.. Good things come to those who wait..
default_yes.gif

I'm so happy for you!! I hope you get your dream foal!!

default_biggrin.png
~~Best Wishes~~
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back