Reinsmanship classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chynagurl8

Reaction score
I had my driving lesson last night with my saddlebred/ hackney trainer and she asked if I ever showed in reinsmanship classes. Well I didn't even know what that was so she explained that it was like equation or showmanship where the driver is judged and is asked to do patterns, and turnout is very important. Well that got me to thinking 'why doesn't AMHR have these classes'?

I think this should be brought up next year at convention. What a great way for everyone to work on their driving skills, and do more with their show driving horses! I think this class would be alot of fun.

What does everyone think about this?

I would guess that that could be very time consumeing.

I think it is an excellent idea. From what I have seen in the pictures in the MHW magazine...some of the drivers could certanly use a lesson or two on turnouts and reinsmanship. Problem is, the Judges have to know too...and it is very obvious that many of them don't.
no.gif

Running for cover.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

A few of the Shetland shows offer Classic Precision Driving which is essentially a reinsmanship class.

Chelsea....I competed in reinsmanship and disciplined rail driving at the World Pinto Show and loved them both. I learned a lot taking lessons and preparing for them - it really improved my driving and the classes are a blast. I got a reserve champion at the World Pinto Show.

I would totally sign that petition. 4-H has them here, ADS pleasure driving shows have them, my local saddle-club shows have them, and I couldn't believe that the mini breed shows didn't. My two favorite ridden classes were always trail and disciplined rail because you did something more than go around in a circle. Spyder HATED rail classes, but he always brightened up in d.r. because it was actually challenging and he knew when he was doing better than the other horses.
biggrin.gif

I would enter them in a heartbeat if they were offered driven. Finally, something where ability counts beyond form!
aktion033.gif
Then again, that's why I'm a CDE girl.
rolleyes.gif

Leia

Back