Reglan (metoclopramide 10MG)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckymeacres

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this drug.

I heard this medicine causes a condition known as Tardive Dyskinesia. I had my colon out and was having to use alot of laxatives again, so the doctor put me on this med which seems to be working for my problem but causes this other disease down the road. Great huh.

I took this medication back in the late 80's and early 90's for my stomach condition. I havent had any side effects that I know of. Dont think I will be of any help. Sorry

I took it after my transplant and got what you mentioned and bad while in the hospital. My body's reflexes just started working all by themselves. My legs starated kicking up in the air on their own my arms would fling back to the point where someone had to sit by me to keep my hand from catching on my I.V. that was in my chest. It was horrible and it lasted for 4 hours even after they gave me an antidote for it and Benedryl. I am told I am lucky as if they had not had the antidote in the hospital I still might have some of those problems to this day.

Just be careful as it can build gradually and what you think is nothing can build up to something big. When I go to the doctor and they ask now if I am allergic to anything Reglan is one of the major things I cannot take. They have sent a warning out about this drug as well.

Thanks for you help, I'm so worried about taking this drug. It has a warning of 12 weeks because so many people are having permanant problems, but they can't pull it off the market because if they did, the people it does help have no other solution. If I don't take it I won't go to the bathroom even after having my colon totally removed. You have to do two thing eat and poop. Thanks again I worry but am monitoring it everyday.

I have had Reglan IV in the ER. They use it frequently to treat nausea. I never had a problem with it but I probably only had a few doses over the years. Seems like almost any med on the market today has horrible side effects. Really makes you think about what we are putting into our bodies....

Latest posts

Back