Registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricket8

Reaction score
I really hate starting new topics but, I am new to the whole mini world so here goes another most likely stupid question. My mini was a rescue and most likely is not registered. She came from an Amish auction with the horrible name Hillary Clinton. YIKES! Anyways, I know I can register under brindles and stripes because she is a grulla as well I can register her as a pinto but, I have a friend who owns and breeds mini's and she said there is another registry that I can get her registered under and I can't remember what she said it was. If you know could you please inbox me the website or post it here.

Can't you hardship her AMHR? Their fee this year is cheaper!

AMHR is closed but AMHA is not until next year. Hardship registering AMHA is expensive though, $600 for a mare plus DNA and expenses related to inspection. WCMHR is probably what your friend was refering to.

Personally I think AMHA and pinto are your best investments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't assume that she never had any registration because she was from an Amish sale. See if you can do some digging, but don't expect miracles. There are MANY Amish that do not fall into the old school category of run um into the ground and toss them aside. While they are many very bad examples of Amish owners, there are many that are very serious about their horses, their bloodlines, their offspring and registering their horses, ESP. If it is a side business. The biggest downfall I found with the amish is the difference in opinions in vet care and worming, not registering. I had visited amish haflinger sale out of curiosity about six years ago. Surprisingly about 85% of the horses were registered, most were in very good shape, the biggest turnoff, most of the geldings were freshly gelded. That I guess may be the lesser of the two evils,.....making excuses and not gelding at all.

Wow thanks for the quick response everyone! WCMHR is World right? I have no idea how to go about finding out if she is registered. I know a lot of Amish people because I live in pretty much Amish Country and yea a lot of them have registered horses but, all I was given was her name Hillary Clinton (UGH) and the last name Slabaugh which is so common it isn't even funny haha. Great mini super sweet and would love to see her registered under something.

Yup, they closed the registry to unregistered horses about seven years ago. Now you have to have AMHA. ASPC or Falabella papers to be registered AMHR.
Wow, I was WAY behind the times! My bad!

Latest posts

Back