Registering and Showing for a Beginner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CabbagePatch

Reaction score
Hello, I am lovin my mini's and trying to learn as much as possible. I do need some help though, I have come in contact with my mini's origional owner's family and found out the man who first bought them has passed away, so I am trying to research more on them and found out the mare came from a ranch in my town. The stallion Im still working on. Anyways, I do see a lot of potential in them and my dream would be to get them registered so that my son would be able to show them in the future, as I think that would be the best hobby for any child (and adult). If I am not ever able to find their backgrounds, what would my options be? I do believe that they come from good stock,but that's only judging by looks, I have also found out that my mare is trained to drive, and have recieved her harness and cart from her first owners family!! Times like this it pays off to live in a small town. Please any feedback, I sure do need here! Thanks in advance!! Also my mare has always had wavy hair (she's now almost8 yrs)Curly Sue is her name.
default_smile.png

How tall are they? If they are 34" or under you can--until the end of this year--hardship them into AMHA and then from there you could go on and

get AMHR papers for them. It would not be cheap, close to $2000 to hardship both into AMHA )unless fees have changed-I don't keep up real well on AMHA.

If they are over 34" then you really don't have much choice for obtaining registration papers. There is the World Class registry but some people have sent money and never got their papers. World Class is not a highly regarded registry--it is not on the same level as AMHR or AMHA--here in this area the WC papers have no value at all.

Hi Cabbage Patch!

Minimor gave you good info above. It sounds like it would be close to impossible to find the original registrations on these horses. If you know exactly what their registered names are/were you could ask here on LB for those with stud book access to do a search for you to get the names of the last registered owners. This would be where you would start to avoid having to hardship register.

The bottom line is....you don't have to have registered horses to show in open and all breed shows and also some of the driving organizations. And those are fun!

Good luck with your little ones!

Latest posts

Back