References on Transporter..HELP Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskin gal

Reaction score
I have done a search on transporters already but have not found anyone, so far, that has used CROSSROADS TRANSPORT out of Columbia Falls Mt. Have any of you heard of them or know anything about them? I contacted other transporters that had been recommended such as Worleys, Miniature Ventures etc. but they either have no openings for August or not making a trip in August. I do want my new girl to have safe and reliable transportation so I do hope you all can help. She is coming from the Madison Wi. area to Billings Mt. You can PM me if you would prefer. thank you so very much, Mary

I just shipped two mares from CT to WY with Worleys and I recommend them highly.

Joyce L

I know Sharrway is going from Iowa to Washington some time in September....

We also used Worleys to haul 3 full loads of horses from Florida to Ontario and all arrived safe and sound! They were so great I would see if you can find a time when they have a space. Their price was also very good not the lowest but not the highest either!

Thanks Lewella. If I can't find someone for August then I will be asking these other well recommended transporters. Thanks, Mary

I know Sharrway is going from Iowa to Washington some time in September....

I've used Sharrway now a couple of times and have been extremely happy with their service. Wayne and Sharron are super nice people and keep you up to date with what is going on, before and during the hauling of your horse(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry I have never used the transporter you are asking about. If I had I would gladly give you an opinion on them.

We weigh-in with Sharrway Transporting. We have used them exclusively for several years now. His pricing is excellant and he babies our horses, as if they were his own. We have even had horses that needed special care and Wayne never hesitated and did a wonderful job. Our horses have always arrived well rested and healthy. Can't go wrong with Sharrway!

I hope someone can give you the reference you are needing.

Sincerely,

Va Lynda Ann

Thank you. I did email Sharrway for a quote but haven't heard back from them. Mary

I've used Sharrway now a couple of times and have been extremely happy with their service. Wayne and Sharron are super nice people and keep you up to date with what is going on, before and during the hauling of your horse(s).

Have you tried UShip.com? It's kind of like Ebay only for shipping - you list what you need shipped where and when and then shippers bid to get the shipping job. You have the right to accept or refuse any and all bids (e.g. you don't have to accept the lowest bidder or anything). You can ask them questions and you can see the feedback they've gotten from other people that used them for shipping. We've had luck with it when none of our regular shippers are available. Sometimes you can get a great deal with a reliable shipper b/c they are already going that way and happen to have an empty stall on their trailer - they'd rather get something for the stall than nothing. Just make sure you check that they have only positive feedback from other people who've used them for shipping, and check their profile to see a picture of their truck/trailer that they will use to make sure it looks safe, esp. safe for a mini.

Good luck!

Thanks to all for the info. She will be coming with Crossroads and I have given the explictit instructions which were recommended. Bob has promised to take great care of my girl so I am counting on it. Will let you know later how all goes. Mary

Latest posts

Back