Red Cell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernmi

Reaction score
Does anyone use red cell and how much do you use on mini. Want to make sure my amount is right. Dont have a bottle her to read dosage to anyone.

Do you happen to know off hand what the bottle says per 1000 Lbs? I think I am giving wat to little.

I've always given "one pump" when someone asked me to give Red Cell... a quarter cup seems really high to me but of course I haven't read the bottle in years
default_smile.png
Let me see if I can find it online...

Ah yes
default_smile.png
Smartpak says 1oz/day for a full sized horse. So about a third of that
default_smile.png

Be prepared for a dramatic difference in your horse after he's been on Red Cell. We put all our

horses on it before Nationals ( they're still on it) and several of them have gone from "dead heads"

to the point of being almost WILD. It really works but so does Lixatonic without having to worry

about the selenium. Lixatonic is alot more expensive and one of my horses acted like a total NUT while I had him on it.

Good luck !!!

Justine

Hello,

I have given red cell and by the recommendation of my vet, called Farnam. They gave me very accurate measurements based on weight. They can also give you the conversion factors from oz's to ml's. For instance, my mini was dosed based on 125 pounds and she was given 3.5 ml's. It was just under 1 small cap full.

[Farnam

Hope this helps!

Jean

Thanks so much, I think I have it figured out to 2 teaspoons for 250lbs. Guess math wasn'
default_wacko.png
: t my favorite subject!!

Latest posts

Back