Recognize this little one?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunaL

Reaction score
Just came across this news story - poor little thing, I hope its owner is reunited soon, they must feel awful. My mares and their babies got loose once when my housesitter left the gate unlatched, and I will never forget the horrible feeling of not knowing where they were or if they were ok...
default_unsure.png

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-pony...0,1215384.story

Scary for the poor thing. She is cute. I hope she finds her home and it was just a case of her wandering away and not of being dropped or abandoned.
default_no.gif
Let us know if you hear more on this story.

well, he is very lucky to have such caring people come to his aid. I think he will be fine until his parents come to get him. Looks like he has softened the hearts of the news crew as well as the SPCA... funny how the little ones do that almost instantly.

Though its not completely clear, the animal appears to be healthy and well kempt. Someone has been taking care of this little horse and hopefully we'll hear about a happy reunion story soon. I was so afraid to watch the video and see a fearful bag of bones trying to walk on overgrown hooves. Thankfully that is not the case.

Perhaps the mini people in this area will recognize this horse and be able to help with locating owner, or worst case, finding a new home for this guy. Actually a nice looking little horse.....

Oh he is soo cute, really reminds me of my pony Shorty that I lost to cancer. If he was "lost" closer to me he could just move right in.

He really is a good-looking little guy - I'm trying to find out now if his owners have found him yet. I'm sure they must be missing him, he looks pretty fat and happy. He's not far from me so if his owners don't claim him (I'm sure they will!) maybe we can help the SPCA find him a new home.

Poor little guy, hope he gets reunited and goes home!! I bet his owners are frantic! I hope this is NOT another case of deserting pets because people have lost their home or something, but he looks well cared for. Keep us posted if you can!

No one has claimed him yet
default_no.gif
Here is another pic of him - he is NICE!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009...of-norwalk.html

Someone HAS to be missing him and either is out of town and the sitter doesn't realize someone is missing from the group or the owner doesn't know where to look or thinks they will get in trouble. We have a animal hospital and it's amazing how many times ppl's pets are lost and they just don't think to call us, notify the newspaper or even look at Animal Control
default_no.gif

Wow! He's a gorgeous boy and I can't imagine his owners don't know he's missing and are going crazy trying to find him.
default_no.gif

I was hoping to hear ome good news. I hope he is home for Christmas, but start to wonder more if he got turned loose. Sure hope not though. Maybe the owners are on holidays and the person looking after doesn't realize one is missing. They should look for some farms in the area and do some calling. Maybe??

I just got off the phone with Downey Animal Control, no one has claimed him yet and he will be adopted out shortly. There are several homes on a waiting list for him
default_smile.png

It looks like a happy ending for this gorgeous little guy
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really worried that his owners maybe are on vacation and don't know he's missing! What happens if this horse has been stolen or run away from his home while owners are gone.

Can the owners get him back if he's been adopted out? It is too soon to even be thinking about adoption . Can't they find a temporary foster home while they try and find the owners? I would be very angry it this was my horse and they didn't give it more time until they thought about adoption. Again, just my opinion.

I am really worried that his owners maybe are on vacation and don't know he's missing! What happens if this horse has been stolen or run away from his home while owners are gone.Can the owners get him back if he's been adopted out? It is too soon to even be thinking about adoption . Can't they find a temporary foster home while they try and find the owners? I would be very angry it this was my horse and they didn't give it more time until they thought about adoption. Again, just my opinion.
Hmm, I'm not sure on that. I didn't ask how long they would hold him - it sounded like he would be adopted out soon. I know at the animal shelter in my area they only hold found animals for 3 days before putting them up for adoption. I know that includes horses because a little mini was found wandering in this area last year. I know many dogs/cats are lost while the owners are on vacation and some of them are unaware or unable to coordinate a search effort until they return, at which time the dog/cat could potentially be adopted. However, the shelter probably isn't overrun with minis so they probably could hold onto him longer, if they were so inclined. My thoughts though are that if the owner hasn't reported him as stolen, posted online to NetPosse and sites like those, or seen the news on him, how does the police/animal control find them?? I've searched online and so far haven't turned up anything that matches his description, although I will keep looking. I think there is only so much animal control and the police can do. Hopefully he DOES have owners that love him and want him back and HOPEFULLY they will see the news on him but I think if they were going to they would have by now. Another scenario I just thought of is maybe he was stolen a long time ago and the owners stopped looking for him - that could explain it as well. It's a tough situation but looks like it will end well for the little guy regardless, thankfully.

I kind of assumed that since the police were initially involved they would check to see if he matched the description of any reported stolen minis? That's what the police here told the lady that found last year's mini.

I am hoping they will run some more news articles on him so that maybe if the owners are away the caretaker might see it and go count heads
default_no.gif

(eta - I searched further and found two postings matching his description and emailed them - you never know...)

Latest posts

Back