Real estate appraisers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcody

Reaction score
I have been looking into getting certified for real estate appraisal. I understand the process, but was wondering if anyone here knew anything about the profession? I would love to talk to someone not wanting my money about what the job is really like. Thanks.

Larry looked into becoming one.......The schooling is no big deal. And he's had a lot of life time experience he can add to it. What ruined it was he was warned by a half dozen realtors in this part of the state that the few appraisers we have don't want any competition. And sadly it's required that once you are done with the schooling you have to apprentice for a certain amount of time. Right now there are no appraisers around here who would accept an apprentice.

Right now there are no appraisers around here who would accept an apprentice.
That's because there's no money in it - they don't want to share lol.

You also have to have way more than the everyday qualifications. You need an extra cert. for million dollar homes. You have to have extra certs for Fannie and Freddy. The market is changing and you have to have the qualifying certification. I was talking to a gal 2 days ago who had been an appraiser here in town for the past 30 years...she'd done 3 homes this year !!!! Because she hadn't gone after all of the extra training because of the cost and now people won't use her (or can't)

Thanks! I was wondering about that, since you had to apprentice. I will have to think of omething else.

Back