R.I.P Oliver

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHGal

Reaction score
Since I know some of you still remember Oliver, I figured it would be fitting to post in honor of his memory.

Oliver was my first miniature horse...a chestnut gelding with a blaze and 3 socks, 31" tall and full of it. He was the first horse I ever showed, both in hand and driving. I got him for my 13th birthday, but had been driving him for about 6 months before that. We competed in the second and third annual Mighty Minis CDE, in Training Youth. Won both times...as well as other events.

I see some of Oliver in Pippin--their personalities are(were) very similiar.

Tanglewood Farms Oliver Twister 4/4/97-2/9/04

A picture show of the time that I had him with me...bear with me...there are a lot of photos. Although, a lot of these are not ones I've shown before.

One of the first driving pictures of us ever...wasn't even my cart or harness.

f6348b0e.jpg

Before hitching, in '01.

f039996f.jpg

Two days after Christmas, '02, with my mom and Shog(then 24?). Oliver was in near daily work at this time(why he's shaved and braided).

f6396751.jpg

He went to the beach with us in August '02. I took him to birthday parties at the stable, and he would stand there with a person or two balancing their cake on his back. He also dressed up for Christmas...red boa, antlers, bells and all. This is probably '02 or '03.

f193196b.jpg

An absolutely amazing portrait of his head done by a forum member--farmwife I think? Correct me if I'm wrong....but it is gorgeous! The picture was taken in Jan of 04, less than a month before he died.

f193196d.jpg

I have more coming....as you can see...he led a very full life in the time we had.

Last edited by a moderator:
How very sad to hear your time was cut short. You made me think of my first mini McKeever who I recently lost unexpectedly. I am so sorry.

default_sad.png
What a beautiful and special guy he was. I'm so sorry you lost him (I remember)

He was one of a kind. {{{{Hugs}}}}

The two year anniversary of when we lost Spuds just past on Feb 3rd. It is a harsh ache in my heart.

default_crybaby.gif
: Aww, it's Oliver!
default_wub.png
: I joined too late to know him but I sure wish I'd been able to see him in person. What a lovely, lovely little horse. He's every horse I've ever loved all rolled up into one chestnut package. You are missed, little one.

Leia

And more:

Mighty Minis 02, cones.

f1930b3c.jpg

Coming into the end of marathon...doesn't look exactly worn out...

f0397cbd.jpg

This was before the county fair in 03. He was in very light work at this time(I was busy with Fascination and training horses), so was very, uh, rotund, but still stunning.

faf429cc.jpg

faf429ab.jpg

faf63079.jpg

faf6314f.jpg

faf631ec.jpg

faf6316e.jpg

And in Feb of 04, we were signed up to go to a driving trial, his first time at Prelim...this is Jan, practicing for the show.

f9eca782.jpg

f9eca789.jpg

And two days before his death...last picture of him. He was having so much fun running around. He was in 'show clip' for the show the next weekend.

f9a9960b.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of him:

f9551fe7.jpg

Since I'm not at home, I asked my mom to go sit out at the grave a little while for me(we have a swing by there), so she did...
default_wub.png
:
default_bye-sad.gif
:

REO, I was thinking of Spuds earlier...I remember seeing his post as I went online to post about Oliver...he was a pretty boy!

So sorry hon, I'm sure it doesn't get any easier even with time. I remember that adorable little heart on his butt. Oliver was truly a once in a lifetime little horse.

What a beautiful and incredibly talented loss.

I'm sorry you are having a ruff day. (((((( )))))))

He looks like a very special boy! He is gorgeous. I am sorry for your loss.

May he rest in peace!!

Dear Oliver, such a lovely boy.

I shall always remember him as that top Feb 04 picture, doing what he loved, extended, his little heart on his backside for all to see.

Pippin will fill the gap, though there will always be, in your heart, a hole that is exactly Oliver shaped.

RIP Oliver, you are missed.

Breanna,

You know how I felt (and feel) about Oliver -- although I never met him in person, his charisma captured my heart nonetheless, and the bond you two shared has always resonated throughout your posts about him.

I'll never forget the first photos you posted of him -- I literally jumped from my chair, he was so beautiful. Your tales about him quickly showed me that he was beautiful not only on the outside, but inside as well.

When you told us of his death, I was heartbroken, and I still can hardly imagine what you went through.

But beyond the sorrow of his passing is the joy that he was here, and that the two of you were so fortunate to share the time you had. I'm forever grateful that you shared Oliver with all of us...he truly touched my life.

I remember Oliver very well. He was an absolutely lovely boy, you could tell he loved to work for you and play with you. I am so sorry that you lost him so soon....Whenever I see his name in your signature I think of him and the little heart you had clipped on his butt. I know you must miss him terribly.

{{Hugs}} I was actually just thinking about Oliver the other day, and think of him every time I see one of your posts. He was an incredable boy and I remember him very well and loved hearing your stories about him. He definatly had a fan club going on on here and will always be missed by many of us.

I wish I could tell you that it gets easier with time...but it doesn't. That hole in your heart will always be there. I am so glad that you have so many fond memories, and wonderful photos...

My heart goes out to you...

Liz R.

I, too, adored Oliver vicariously, through you and your posts which your love for him shone through.

I am so sorry he left you so early, it just doesn't seem fair....

Thank you for reminding us to treasure what we have while we have it with this post and reminding us of wonderful little Oliver.

Liz M.

If anybody wonders what a Miniature horse is for should see your post . I think it shows and says it all !! What a beautiful gelding he was ; my heart breaks for you today
default_sad.png

There's something about your first miniature that never leaves you. Oliver will always be in your heart. Thanks for sharing him with us again. He was a great horse.

I feel your love extending out and I caught hold of it and I pray I never loose it. Thank you for sharing your love for your little mini Oliver. Love to you from FLFlyingW and my little mini boys Knick & Joe.

He looked like he was a VERY PRETTY BOY! It looks like you two had alot of fun too and really looks like he enjoyed himself. I am glad you shared your tribute with us!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I am so sorry you lost your beloved Oliver! :no:

Jeri

Thanks everyone. Thursday was not a good day...but I survived. My friends held a little candle ceremony where I remembered the good times....somehow I met some amazing people here.

And I send mental hugs to all of you--it shows that you care....
default_wub.png
: It definitely helped to come back to the computer and read these wonderful messages.

Breanna, I know you are having a hard time and first of all I want to say I am very sorry.

I wasn't here when Oliver died, although I think he is a GORGEOUS little horse, and I love seeing the pictures of him, although I have one question. How did he die?

Latest posts

Back