Quick Christmas costume idea

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie

Reaction score
I saw that some were looking for a quick Christmas costume idea. We did this for our Christmas parade this past weekend. We decided at the last minute to take one of our minis and did not have a decoration for her. We ran to Walmart, bought a tree skirt ($9.95) some ribbon and a mini stocking ($2.97). I came home and took the middle "wedge" out of the tree skirt and sewed the 1st third to the 3rd third pieces down the middle of the back to make the cape. This left the velco in place where it normally joins in the front. I cut a semi-circle of the middle third I had removed and had left over and sewed it around the neck hole as a "collar" for her cape. Then we used the alligator type hair clips and attached her mini stocking on her tail. Tied in a few bows and we were done! Everybody at the parade loved her Santa cape.!!!

100_2593.jpg
100_2592.jpg

100_2595.jpg

Very cute and really funny you posted this today because I thought of that just a couple of nights ago and wondered if it would work now I know it will and she is just adorable. Good job.

That is EXACTLY what we did! Tree skirt from wal-mart $10 , 20 ribbons $4.99 , and then i threw in some bells, santa hat, reindeer antlers and we were good to go!

MeImpressiveLights.jpg

Petting.jpg

WithSanta.jpg

Great minds think alike
default_wink.png

Suzie that is pure genius and the horse looks great and made some smiles.

Leanna that goes for you too.

You guys light up my life!

The horses look so adorable in their xmas gear! Now I will be looking for a tree skirt for Giddy..
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back