Question on registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question abou the registration. I know I have to join the association and that is great. I read however that if the horse is 3 we need to do a DNA test which is pulling several hairs out of tail and mane. That is fine but, want to clairify it as she already has her papers and a number and you can look up the number with the registry so does this apply to her still or not?? Also is there anything else I have to do so she is sucure in my name and also with the proper areas of being a shetland pony?

Thanks to this site I was contacted by a lady that has my Dream Finders full sister!! I was so excited about that and actually going to get her also as she is up for sale! So both sisters will be together soon. I pick her up in July as that is when we are going back to WI and she is in MN right now being wonderfully cared for! This site is GREAT!!!!

Lisa

Hey Lisa! Welcome to the Shetland pony world. Does your mare already have papers (meaning you have them in hand)? If so, you just need to take new pictures of her (4 - both sides, front and back), fill out the proper transfer paperwork (have the seller sign), and send in the appropiate fee with a work order (can be found out Forms online at www.shetlandminiature.com). If she isn't registered, then you have a lot more work to do. Track down sire and dam, get breeders certificates signed, DNA samples from all 3, extra.

Good luck, and welcome!

She's already registered so all you need to do is join the ASPC and transfer her. The DNA rules apply to ponies that have not been registered and your mare is registered.

A note on the pictures - the pony needs to take up 80% of the photo and all legs must be showing in the left and right side photos. They are also now asking that the head be turned slightly toward the camera in one of those side photos so that markings on the front of the face show if the pony has any.

Congrats on getting her full sister too! Glad I could get you and her owner in touch with each other.
default_yes.gif

I do have her birth certificat is what I call it! LOL~~ I do know her blood lines and have the origional paperwork. She is registered as far as I can think because she has a number and official name. I have the so called sellers name signed but, nobody wrote their name in and she landed in the hands of the killers! Lucky she was saved and now she has been with us for a little over a year and is very spoiled and very much loved. From what Susan (painted promise and who we adopted her from) said is all I have to do is sign the paper(her birth cert.) and then she is in my name. DOn't have to go through the hassel of switching stuff over so it would be like the breeder sold her to me origionally! I printed out the Customer Work Order and DNA form in case I needed to do anything on that but, figured I'd ask to maybe get walked through this process. I know I have to join AMHA and that is fine! Do I send a copy of the paper of ownership in to anyone?

Lisa

Thanks Lewella! You have helped out a lot and I to am glad you messaged me about The owner of Tori who is Dream's sister. She is beautiful and I can't wait to see her and hug her! I give my horses lots of hugs and kisses! They will always be my spoiled children! Now to get Dream to coroperate for the pictures properly! She can be a stubborn girl. I will look through all my hundreds of pictures of her. Before sending them in I'll try to post them so I know I'm sending in the right ones!

Lisa

Yep, if you have a transfer signed by the breeder then all you need to do is fill in your info, take the pictures, fill out the Customer Work Order, and send it all in with your membership fee and the transfer fee.
default_biggrin.png

It's a pretty common practice for sellers to leave the buyer section blank when selling a pony, particularly if they sold the pony at a sale.

For the side photos grazing pictures work really well. They normally have their feet all showing and often have their head turned sligthly toward you keeping an eye on you while they munch.
default_yes.gif

You'll have to keep us posted and post lots of pictures when Tori and Dream are finally together again.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back