Question for those with ivory or white

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h2t99

Reaction score
I have a jenny, yearling, ivory and last year her ears got burnt, well allready this year her ears are raw from burning
default_no.gif
!! I have spotted donkeys but all of their ears are red or grey. So what do you that have ivory donkeys do for the ears??

Thanks

Heidi
default_biggrin.png

I don't own any long-ears, but how about a custom-made fly mask with ears? If she'll tolerate something on her ear. I think some shampoos and hairsprays have sunblock in them or perhaps a spray on sunblock.

You can use sunscreen that is meant for human babies on your donkey, and I think you really should.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a ivory jack, who at times would look like his ears would be getting a little bit sensative to the sun. All I did was put sun screen on him and never had any problems. I also used a "ear mask" which I had made for him. If you go back thru some old threads you will see a pic of my winter ear protectors...
default_laugh.png
I did the same, except used a mesh netting for the ears. It sure helps protect there ears from the nasty bitting gnats.
default_no.gif
besides the fly spray.

I have a ivory jack, who at times would look like his ears would be getting a little bit sensative to the sun. All I did was put sun screen on him and never had any problems. I also used a "ear mask" which I had made for him. If you go back thru some old threads you will see a pic of my winter ear protectors...
default_laugh.png
I did the same, except used a mesh netting for the ears. It sure helps protect there ears from the nasty bitting gnats.
default_no.gif
besides the fly spray.

LOL I SO want to see a picture of that!!
default_smile.png

I also meant to add that I used the waterproof kind on my mini horse gelding's nose. He as the pinkest nose and gets sunburned. You may actually want to use the sunscreen anywhere the hair is thin.

Thank You for the suggestions!! I have been using sunscreen and spraying it on every couple of days and her ears are looking great!!
default_biggrin.png

So Thank You!!!

I am almost in that "other state"
default_blush.png
about 30 min east of Beloit.
default_wink.png

Alrighty, so much for you being a "neighbor"
default_biggrin.png
seems like everyone is either in the western part or "down there".

Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back