QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO SHOW AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
As you may have read on another thread Maine is having its first R rated show in June. I have sent for a rule book but dont have it yet. We own several AMHR horses but my husband and I dont show our daughter Scoopie is the family member that does the showing. She will have her Ammie card so that she can show Ammie sending the money off today but I do have a question. According to the rules can she show the horses that are owned by her father and /or I or does she have to be listed as the owner on their paperwork in order to show them? I know for AOTE she must own them but what about Ammie?I know many of you show AMHR and would know this thank you in advance for your answers.

If you don't have a rule book yet to look it up in yourself you can always call the office to get definitive and correct answers to any questions regarding the rules but the answer is your daughter may show a family member's horse as an amateur.

Through AMHR, I have shown horses under my mothers ownership in an Ammy class. The horse just has to be shown by the owner or a family member of the owner.

~Jen~

Thank you Lori I knew someone would know and I was going to add her to their paperwork if that was necessary which was why I needed an answer ASAP as I know paperwork takes time. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.

You are welcome!
default_smile.png

Would cousin be considered a family member under the AMHR rules for amateur showing?

Hi to All:

Page 37 of the Official 2008 ASPC/AMHR Rulebook under general rules:

Family:

For show purposes the term "Family" includes, husband, wife, parent, step-parent, guardian, child, step-child, brother, half-brother, sister, half-sister, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, grandmother, grandfather, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, and in-laws of the same relation as stated above.

No, cousins are not listed, and since cousins are not listed their name must be on the registration papers.

Part 4 Amateur, page 46:

#2: A horse shown by an Amateur in AMHR classes must be owned or leased by the amateur or the family of that amateur.

The only exception to the above rule.....The Amateur Incentive Classes (Money class)

Part 4 Amateur, page 46:

#4 , Amateur Incentive Classes: The person showing must be the owner of record on the registration papers.

We are seeing some problems with folks entering these classes that ARE NOT on the registration papers. These are checked. When you enter ANY Amateur class you need to put your relationship to the owner of the horse down so that we can cross index for points.

If anyone has any Amateur questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call or drop me an email. Thank you.

Sincerely

Karen Shaw

Chairman

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Advantage Program

10500 CR 606

Burleson Texas 76028

Ph: 817-426-0262 (Central Time Zone) Please leave a message on the recorder as I do work a full time job

Email: [email protected]

Thank you.

Back