Question for ASPC Members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre

Reaction score
I'm just wondering....

I've been a member of this registry for over 20 years now. Is any one else out there wondering about the accountability and "remedy" of the past Nationals fiasco. As members, I think we deserve a more. It seems like this too is just getting swept under the rug. ANYONE?

I agree with the OP I think it is a shame that somehow what happened and who was involved leaked out pretty quickly but now the actual results of the hearings- it is supposed to be hush hush

What I don't understand is the constant witch hunt. There were errors on both sides of the fence. Please, let's just move on and work as a team to prevent it in the future.

What I don't understand is the constant witch hunt. There were errors on both sides of the fence. Please, let's just move on and work as a team to prevent it in the future.
I'm not talking about a "witch hunt" but I do expect a multi-million business to conduct itself as such. To just "go and have fun" seems a little to much like what they would like everyone to do and just forget it as usual. Trying to hide things has gotten them no where in the past. How many thousands of dollars has the registry spent on other similar legal issues? Money we have provided by the way - I for one would like it to be a little better controlled, accounted for and handled.

I'm not talking about a "witch hunt" but I do expect a multi-million business to conduct itself as such. To just "go and have fun" seems a little to much like what they would like everyone to do and just forget it as usual. Trying to hide things has gotten them no where in the past. How many thousands of dollars has the registry spent on other similar legal issues? Money we have provided by the way - I for one would like it to be a little better controlled, accounted for and handled.

Then I suggest you make a trip to Convention in November. It's definately an eye opening experience AND that is the place to propose such changes. I would also get in touch with your Area director to discuss your concerns and ideas as well. But this forum isn't the place to do it because it gets heated, unprofessional, and accomplishes little other than tarnishing reputations. This board is READ by others who do not post and they form OPINIONS on individuals based what is posted. Something to think about.

No witch hunt at all Carin- For many it is simply why so free sharing with the info about who did or did not do what back then- and now no one willing to say this is the action we chose to take and the reason why.

All that is out there is speculation and assumptions as to any action taken or not taken and the reasons behind it. I am all about standing behind the registry but not blindly
default_smile.png

Maybe the reasons given for any action or non action was put out there and I just missed it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Then I suggest you make a trip to Convention in November. It's definately an eye opening experience AND that is the place to propose such changes. I would also get in touch with your Area director to discuss your concerns and ideas as well. But this forum isn't the place to do it because it gets heated, unprofessional, and accomplishes little other than tarnishing reputations. This board is READ by others who do not post and they form OPINIONS on individuals based what is posted. Something to think about.
Like I said in my original post - I've been a member for over 20 years. Not my first merry go round. Been to many conventioins, compete at many nationals, in contact often with directors. AND....... I am not responsible for what people who aren't that involved form as opinions. I simply would like to know if there are other ideas that are out there on how to get the boat pointed & kept on a correct course. I realize that we have had huge growing pain. However, it seems like we were in this very same place just a few years ago. There was a huge paradigm shift & it appears we are back to where we started. So, for as many people as are on this forum, I would think there would be a lot of good ideas as to how what we are told will happen, actually happens or there are consequences. I do not want to see all the hard work that so many have done to build the organization up go down in legal fee flames or be forced to knuckle under when they are threatened with "witch hunt" lawsuits. Let's have a discussion by informed, participating members

Thanks Carin I have been to convention on more then occasion
default_rolleyes.gif

You are correct it does and has affected reputations as does anything posted on any public place from daily practices to facilities and training methods and ones opinions and answers and everything in between.

I do not see how looking for an answer is a bad thing. It was brought up several times on this board and the last I heard was it is being discussed - looking for the outcome is not a witch hunt by any means. Like I said previously perhaps it was posted and I missed it. I did not see anything in the Journal.

I am simply wondering was any punishment taken against anyone? Did the registry decide they were at fault due to paperwork and they intend to change something for future use? Was a law suit actually filed and fought? (this is the first I have heard of that)

Did they decide that faults on both sides just made it a wash and drop the entire thing?

Was it all just a mistake and the horses were qualified in the first place just human error? Something we can all understand happening?

Not a witch hunt to want informed and accurate answers. If the answer is no one will ever know then so be it that at least is a answer
default_laugh.png

[SIZE=12pt]I will post this one LAST time on this subject... The Hearing committee is closed session !!!
default_shutup.gif
The board signed a confidentiality statement . Means we are NOT allowed to discuss what goes on in CLOSED SESSION .. This is not by our choice , it is just the way the system works,, CLOSED SESSION IS CLOSED SESSION..
default_please.gif
default_please.gif
[/SIZE]

What will be published is PROCEDURAL ERROR ON BOTH THE AMHR & PARTIES INVOLVED ..

And the office has corrected all the problems that led to this decision on their part !!! .
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
. I am not sure exactly what it is that people want to hear ??
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

You know folks the old saying around here is that if you don't a mistake once in a while you must not be doing anything. I do believe in that saying and our registry for all intents and purpose does a pretty good job in my opinion.
default_aktion033.gif

I would agree that what happened was something we all could have done without, but with that said. I understand that there have been measures taken to keep it from happening again.
default_smile.png

As far as damaged reputations are concerned, I don't even want to get into that can of worms. It will always be a he said, she said type deal in most instances.
default_new_shocked.gif

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]What will be published is PROCEDURAL ERROR ON BOTH THE AMHR & PARTIES INVOLVED ..

Well there ya go that is a answer
default_smile.png
Personally it was all I was looking for thanks!
default_cheekkiss.gif

In response to "I am not sure exactly what it is that people want to hear ??"

How about the truth - why was a confidentiality agreement necessary? Why is it all such a big secret?

I realize this will be seen as a redundant question with endless circles.

But, the point is still the point - how this has been handled is just not right.

As an ASPC/AMHR member, I would like to know why the vote to move Congress was done by secret ballot? I didn't know or realize that a non-profit organization held secret ballots.

As an ASPC/AMHR member, I would like to know why the vote to move Congress was done by secret ballot? I didn't know or realize that a non-profit organization held secret ballots.
Most likely so that directors could vote without feeling pressured by any one individual or so that they wouldn't have to worry about being prosecuted by their area members.

Most likely so that directors could vote without feeling pressured by any one individual or so that they wouldn't have to worry about being prosecuted by their area members.
I might misunderstand the process but I thought the area members majority was who they were supposed to represent?

I might misunderstand the process but I thought the area members majority was who they were supposed to represent?
I have to agree, the directors are suppose to represent THEIR area members. There should be NO secret about how they cast their vote(s).

I have to agree, the directors are suppose to represent THEIR area members. There should be NO secret about how they cast their vote(s).
I agree as well, BUT, the proposals were submitted at the BOD meeting. It wasn't like they had a whole lot of time to poll everyone in their area. So, they had to make a choice based on what was best at the time. And it came down to Cloverdale or Ardmore.

QUOTE (Irish Hills Farm @ Mar 31 2009, 04:01 PM) As an ASPC/AMHR member, I would like to know why the vote to move Congress was done by secret ballot? I didn't know or realize that a non-profit organization held secret ballots.

It's also my understanding--from someone who knows a lot more about it than I do--that non-profit organizations aren't supposed to used confidentiality agreements either...

And why exactly did certain board members send around a petition to expunge the record on the vote re: World Show funding after the Convention last fall? That's just going too far IMO--the vote happened, you can't expunge it and pretend that it didn't happen, even if you'd like it to be so to prevent general members from finding out how you voted on it...

As far as the "leaking" of the qualification scandal at Convention last fall--I don't think it was actually "leaked" in that the info initially came from someone outside of the BOD. The person(s) doing the research on which horses were or were not qualified made no secret of it at Convention--I'm told that when the BOD initially voted on the matter they didn't even know WHO was involved. If some did know, there were others that didn't--when the BOD has to get names from the general membership after the official discussion, I don't call that leaking information. If the person(s) making the allegations talk about it to any and all, that isn't the fault of the BOD or of any committee.

I agree as well, BUT, the proposals were submitted at the BOD meeting. It wasn't like they had a whole lot of time to poll everyone in their area. So, they had to make a choice based on what was best at the time. And it came down to Cloverdale or Ardmore.
So, what your saying is that the proposal were last minute and the directors did what they wanted to do. Instead of taking the time to find out what the membership wants, or what is best for the club on a show that is in the red year after year, the Directors took it upon themselves to cast secret ballots. What better way to keep people from knowing who to "blame".

And while we're on the subject...There was plenty of talk at the Area 2 meeting about the allegation that there were 2 directors who did not vote on the matter, yet when the votes were tallied there was 1 extra ballet cast. Supposedly this was caught by one of the directors who did not vote.

Latest posts

Back