Question for AMHR registration experts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueprintminis

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2006 colt. He came with AMHA papers only. Those have been mailed off to AMHA for transfer into my name. Today I was looking on the AMHR studbook and learned that BOTH this colts sire and dam are AMHR registered too. The mare had NO offspring listed. Initially I had planned on only using this boy with my AMHA only mares. I did not want to pay the additional $400 to get AMHR papers on him since having AMHR papers probably would not increase his value by $400. But, since both his parents are AMHR, can I just send in a registration application? The mare would not have been on a stallion report if, indeed one was even filed for the sire for the 2005 breeding year. I know that the person who owns my colts parents does not deal with AMHR horses or registry. Thanks in advance for your help.

The owner of the stallion would need to submit an "amended" stallion report, even if they didn't send one in that year. I think the fee is like $25

If a stallion report was filed for the proper year then you just have to get an amended report submitted, listing the dam of your colt. Fee should be $10. If no report at all was filed for that year, then you have to get one filed, and cost will be $25 for the 'late filing'.

Back