Question about Sabino, Splashed White, Tobiano, Frame... (more)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockinSMiniature

Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at this link, www.equinecolor.com

It is about Color Genetic and Dilutions.

Then I saw this link and get myself curious about my stallion.

Which I have him tested for LWO and he is pos. for Frame Overo and he is homozygous for Tobiano.

Here is a picture of my stallion...

You can see like Sabino pattern on his side

Also I have another question..

Do you think he is really black/white pinto or he seem like red factor of the color of black?

His sire is black/white pinto and he is very black and his dam is soild brown.

My question is...

Do you think he have a splash and sabino?

Also the first and second pictures is not edit and it is correct color.

The last picture just taken under the shadow of the trees. ;)

I do think hes carrying sabino. I also think he maybe black but its hard to know as the color in the pictures is not clear. You could test him for black

I do not see splash in him, especially since we have already tested him LWO+ which explains his blue eyes. I do however agree about Sabino with that feathery patch on his side.

I would also test him for black.

I agree with Sabino & Frame & Tobiano. He could also be carrying "Splash"....but unfortunately, there is no test for that yet. I think he is a "fading" black.

There really is no such color as "brown" People usually mistake a dark bay or a dilute black(smokey black) for brown. You might consider testing him for cream and agouti(bay gene).

Hi Matt,

I do agree about the color of "Brown" but that what it shown on the registry (AMHR) as she is dark brown.

I did meet his sire and dam and his dam doesn't have any black in her as like a bay.

The sire is really true black/white pinto and doesn't show as like my stallion color.

I will try to get him tested for black/red and cream/agouti and sabino.

Matt wrote:

There really is no such color as "brown" People usually mistake a dark bay or a dilute black(smokey black) for brown. You might consider testing him for cream and agouti(bay gene).

Hi Dona,

Right, as the reason why I metion about Splash, because they said it is part of blue eyes?

I am new and have our miniatures for one year and I am learning and study about this breeding and etc.

Thank you for reply and helping me out.

Dona wrote:

I agree with Sabino & Frame & Tobiano. He could also be carrying "Splash"....but unfortunately, there is no test for that yet. I think he is a "fading" black.

If the horse looks brown, he is definitely black based, there is no need to test for red. It's modifiers that you will want to test for.

Hi Matt,

Here is the photo that he was clipped and late in summer..

I don't edit this photos and that is his natural color. ;)

So you think he is black as no testing for red?

His tail never been black and it is always like sorrel color tail w/ mix white.

I do have a black mare and her tail is black tail.

Matt wrote:

If the horse looks brown, he is definitely black based, there is no need to test for red. It's modifiers that you will want to test for.

Latest posts

Back