Question about possible Florida rescues

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
A while back there was talk on here about a pretty large herd of minis in Florida whose welfare was being investigated. I was just wondering if anyone knows what might have happened there. Can't seem to get them off my mind. Hopefully someone knows the outcome.

We actually contacted Marion County Animal Control when the story came out. They had rec'd an outpouring of support in terms of feed, hay etc. To my knowledge the case has not made it through the court process yet. They advised that when they rec'd the court's order giving the county ownership of the minis they would be placed for adoption.

Along this same line we ran into a man from the Alachua County SPCA (in Gainesville, Florida) when we were at UF's large animal hospital a couple weeks ago. He said they had 30 miniature horses and ponies available for adoption. As the foreclosure rate zooms here in Florida so does the number of horses in need of new loving homes.

Latest posts

Back